Protect you - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader

Start from the beginning

'Sokka?', you whispered as the two of you broke apart for a moment. He hummed in response, still placing loving little kisses over your face.

'I have to tell you something...', you hesitated making him look at you with concerned eyes, 'I was up visiting Gran Gran because I was hoping she could help me with how I've been sick lately and...', you broke off the sentence staring down at the ground before your feet. 'How will he react? I mean I have to leave the Southpole, I can't expect him to leave with me right? I'm just a child myself, how can we even raise a baby? What should we do?'

'What, Y/N? What did Gran Gran tell you?' Sokka urged, his fingers gently cupping your chin to make you look at him again. He grew more and more worried with the second when he saw your paling face. 'Baby, are you alright? What's wrong, love? Do you need to lay down?'

You shook your head, trying to find the right words to tell him what was going on but before you could muster out the simple sentence, you were again interrupted.

'Sokka, you're needed, Gran Gran says we're all in danger because of Katara and the foreigner', a little girl came to tell the two of you.

'I'm coming', he replied without giving the child much of a glance. His attention still on you. 'I'm sorry, Y/N. I have to go see what's going on but we're not done talking here. I'll get back as soon as I can. I love you, baby. Stay here until I get back.' He pressed a quick kiss to your lips before making his way out of the hut, his eyes constantly trained on you, afraid you'd break apart if he walked further.

You sighed to yourself, you should've just told him but you were too afraid. 'That's such a stupid excuse. He's the father of the child growing inside of you, he deserves to know that.' You laid down on your bed, listening to the sounds of the world outside your little confinement while gently rubbing your stomach where a little child was growing. 'I'm pregnant', you whispered to yourself, 'I'm pregnant with Sokka's baby.'

It wasn't long before Sokka came back in the hut, making you sit up again. 'What's wrong?', you asked as you saw the scared look in his eyes.

'The firenation is coming. That stupid traitor kid set of a trap in the old firenation ship nearby along with Katara. I banished him. Now the Firenation is coming. I'm getting ready for battle.'

'Sokka-'

'I have to, Y/N. I have to for dad, for the village, for Gran Gran and Katara but most of all I have to if I want to protect you', he walked over a spear already at his side and pressed a kiss to your lips. 'I just want you to stay in here for as long as you can, and if they're coming I need you to hide. Hide till they leave and run if they chase you, don't stop and don't look back. I can't have you getting hurt, you're my everything and I'm willing to give my life if it means you get to live yours.'

'I'm pregnant, Sokka', you blurted out.

He stopped right in his tracks, staring at you for a moment with his mouth agape before a small smile started forming on his determined battle face. 'Then I promise I'll come back to you so we can properly talk about this, I'll protect the two of you.' He kissed you passionately before leaving the hut for his first battle against the Firenation.

Of course you didn't listen to your boyfriend to stay inside, from the corner of the hut you watched as the large black ship arrived to the village. You were relieved to see it was only one, and not a dozen or more. Though you still doubted Sokka would be able to fight an entire army by himself. It wasn't like you didn't trust his warrior instinct, you were just afraid there'd be too much. You knew the stories from years ago when the Firenation believed to have killed all waterbenders of the Southpole, except they didn't know about Katara and you.

You watched as a rude young man with a ponytail easily knocked down Sokka and grabbed Gran Gran roughly. You watched as Sokka kept his determination high on protecting everyone, regardless of the use it had on the firebender and you watched as the young bald boy returned to the village, claiming to be the avatar and turning himself in to protect the small village.

Sokka came back to you as fast as he could, wrapping his arms around your figure the moment he saw you. 'My princess', he nuzzled his face into your neck and placed a haste kiss before letting you go and dropping to his knees, his face pressing against your stomach. He looked up at you with loving eyes 'I love you, Y/N and this little one in here' 'hiii!'

You giggled to the sight of your boyfriend waving and kissing your stomach, his face nuzzling into your clothes as if he'd somehow manage to see the unborn baby like that.

Once the two of you were snuggled up in bed together, Sokka's arms wrapped tightly around your waist and his hand resting on your bare stomach, you asked him the question you'd been dreading the most: 'what do we do now, Sokka? When Gran Gran told me, she said I had to leave the Southpole...', you whispered the latter part but loud enough for him to hear.

Sokka stiffened for a moment, his hand no longer gently caressing your stomach. He then let out a breath and kissed your temple, 'ever since that boy, Aang, offered himself to the Firenation for our safety I've been thinking about going after him, see if I could get him free. I'd have to leave the Southpole for that and knowing Katara, she'll be thinking the same.' 'She liked the boy too much in the first place, so regardless of what I say, she'll go.' 'If you have to leave, then you should come with me. That way I'll always be able to protect you and our baby and we can find a safe place to live. I'm not going to leave you by yourself, Y/N. I want to be there when this little guy is born and I want to be a father for him.'

'You don't even know if it's a boy', you murmured back.

'If it's a girl, I'll love her just as much.'