Protect you - Sokka x Pregnant!Reader

Privately requested to me. I hope you like it! <3

Trigger warning: Disapproval of sex before marriage in this (no details on sex).

(This one shot is set a little before Katara and Sokka find Aang, you're living on the Southpole.)

Your boyfriend, Sokka, had told you to stay put in the hut you lived in while he and his sister went out to find food. You hadn't been feeling well for awhile now and it worried Sokka to no extent. The instinct to protect you had only increased since he and you had made love a few weeks ago. Most of the time you didn't mind his loving protective nature, but sometimes it got a bit too overwhelming. For example now, you weren't feeling sick anymore and you had wanted to come with the siblings to help them feed your village, but Sokka was worried you'd get sick again and so he told you to stay in the warm comfy bed while he went out to take care of everyone.

You didn't stay in bed like he had told you. Instead you got up and decided to pay a visit to Kanna, or Gran Gran to Katara and Sokka. You were hoping the wise elder could help you with your situation. You hadn't forgotten about the night you spent with Sokka and the gradual changes ever since and you knew what that could mean. You just wanted to make sure before telling Sokka any of this.

'Gran Gran?', you called waiting for her reply to let you come into her hut, which came soon. The woman smiled upon seeing you.

'Y/N, I was wondering when you'd come here. Sokka told me you were sick', she watched you closely as you neared her. 'Take off your coat.'

You did as ordered, explaining to her that Sokka probably exaggerated, it wasn't like you were constantly sick, it were mainly the early mornings that you couldn't even spare a glance at any of the foods he'd put in front of you. Meanwhile the wise woman stared you up and down, your curves showing more now that you weren't as thickly dressed.

'If I didn't know any better I'd suggest you might be pregnant, child', she spoke, studying your face for any reaction. The discomfort that crossed your features told her enough to realize you were indeed pregnant. It was then you noticed the glint of disapproval in her eyes before she turned her back towards you. 'You're not married yet, Y/N. The villagers won't like that.'

The news of your pregnancy didn't surprise you that much, it was more of a confirmation to your own assumptions. You were however taken back by the sudden distant woman in front of you. 'What- what do you think I should do?'

'Sleeping with a man before marriage is disgraceful, you should leave the Southpole and raise the child far away from us.'

You gasped while tears sprung to your eyes. You would have to leave Sokka, your home, your family... But it seemed the only option with the way Kanna was treating you after just hearing about the news. You turned around and were about to walk away before she stopped you in your tracks once more: 'whose baby is it, Y/N?'

'Sokka', you immediately replied before a loud commotion went on outside, not giving the elder a moment to reply to the news of her grandson becoming the father.

It wasn't long before the two of you found out what the news was about: Sokka and Katara had found a boy in an iceberg during their fishing trip. They had been fighting as usual. When Sokka however noticed your figure outside, he immediately stalked his way over to you and pulled you into the hut.

'I thought I told you to stay in bed! You're still weak, Y/N and being outside there might just make you sicker', he exclaimed while pushing you towards the bed and trying to get you in.

'I'm feeling just fine, Sokka. I haven't been sick for a few days. I can't stay in bed all the time. It makes me feel restless.'

Sokka sighed and stared at you for a moment, 'I just worry about you a lot, you know I love you, right?', he leaned down to place a gentle loving kiss on your lips while his arms snaked around your waist. You wrapped your arms around his neck, letting your lover momentarily take you away when your lips responded to his kisses.