The Devil Is Not Here

Bắt đầu từ đầu

»Lucija!« My overly enthusiasted brother-loving friend greeted me. »May I offer you a beer?«

»Um...« I scratched the back of my neck, accidentally brushing over the burnt mark of his kiss.

»Just kidding!« She wrapped one of her arms around me, breathing out the smell of alcohol. »Now, you won't believe this but,« She brushed my cheek with a wet bottle of cheap beer. »Lena's guy is kinda hot.«

She dragged me towards Lena, who was exceptionally cute in a short sleeveless white dress with purple butterflies on it. »Lucija!« I got the same response as before.

A tall guy next to her turned around as well.

»This is Miha.« The biggest grin painted her beautiful face with joy. I was afraid that if she smiled any wider it might tore up her cheeks, resulting in permanent scars. Hm, maybe I finally revealed the true story behind *Joker's scars.

The tall guy motioned a classy smile in my way, offering me a strong handshake. »Nice to met you.« He spoke with an appealing voice. Gaja was right, he was handsome. I mean, he wasn't my type, but his strangely big jaw complimented the features of his face perfectly. Like the harmony of uneven.

»Likewise.« I smiled.

»Oh,« Lena blushed when their eyes unintentionally met. »Arijan is over there, if you wanna say hello.« She pointed towards the huge crowd.

Of course, why would he come to say hello to me?

I walked over towards the crowd, nervously ruffling my hair. I noticed that the most of the guys there were my brothers friends (sadly my big brother stayed in bed today, sick with the flu), surrounded by their high school fan club.

You know how musicians have their groupies? Well, these were also groupies, only they were sport ones.  Arijan sure did seem to enjoy in their presence.

I shifted around the crowd, trying to find the closest route toward the object of my affection. »Hey.« I gently tapped his shoulder.

»Hm?« He turned around, in the process of taking a sip of beer. »Oh,« He almost spit out the beverage. »Lil' Morison!«

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug, his curly hair tickling my nose. Man, I loved that fresh scent of citrus fruits on his neck. As I got back up I noticed a few of the sport groupies measuring me from head to toe and pouching their weird duck lips in a weird way. God, this must be a new species of women.

I felt a tad uncomfortable with all the stares that I got, so I asked Arijan if he wanted to take a walk.

»I hope you're not drinking tonight.« He threw a naughty smile in my direction.

»Nuh-uh.« I shook my head and laughed. »Thanks for, um, the last time.«

He lifted one of his eyebrows.

»For the-«

»Oh, right.« He remembered. »No worries, I've actually never had a girl in my bed just sleeping.«

»Hm.« I said, tilting my head to the side curiously.

»Ah, that sounded wrong.« He let out a laughter of embarrassment.

»It's not like I'm not use to it, Jan brings a lot of them,« I motioned in the direction of the sluts, who were obviously watching our every move. »I hear everything...«

»Dude, that's disgusting.« He said, sounding as if he genuinely felt bad for me. »Do you actually hear everything

»One girl sounded like an injured hippopotamus.«

»Did you say anything to Jan?« He laughed in his palm.

»I stopped a long time ago...« I made a long face.

»Maybe you should get back at him.«

I glanced at him with a silent surprise.

In a few short seconds he grasped what he just said. »No,no, that sounded wrong again!«

»That's okay, I'm not loud anyway.«

Now he looked at me with a naughty twinkle in his gaze.

»I mean, I'm not a loud person, ever!« I yelled.

»I see.« Arijan smirked. »That's too bad though,« He suddenly stopped and carefully pulled me into a dark corner. »I like loud girls.« He gently brushed the corner of my cheek with his index finger. »That's how I know what feels good. The louder you get,« He dangerously shortened the distance between us, leaving but a room to breath. »the better it feels.« He alluringly whispered.

My heart woke up from its slumber, the guard was down, and I could feel the desire for love widening my dark pupils. I wanted a kiss...I wanted to be kissed...I closed my eyes and saw...

A pair of red eyes.

I gasped for air and quickly moved away. What the hell was that, why am I thinking about him at a time like this?!

»Okay...« Said Arijan after a moment's pause. »Maybe we should go back.«

I nodded and followed his steps.

After we arrived back at our spot, I wanted to just disappear. Arijan was talking with his group again, laughing and flirting with the slut squad...I mean, is that what guys do nowadays if they don't get what they want? They just grab the next thing they see laying around? It almost seems like the only thing that matters to them is that the creature of their affection has a vagina.

There are no gentleman left. Sometimes I wish we were back in the 19. century, when the man had to woo a lady and that actually meant he liked her. And wanted to marry her. But then I remember the position of a woman being a man's property and I think – hm, better not.

Today's wooing of girls, if you can even call sentences like - Does this rag smell like chloroform to you – wooing, usually results in – oh, we fucked, yay. That's about it for me, I'm a man, we are programmed to distribute our seed, the most scary word in our vocabulary is attachment...And other cave man bullshit.

I swear, if any guy tries one of those cheesy pick up lines on me again, I'm just gonna start sarcastically talking to his penis.

Because let's face it, that's what they truly think with.

My bag growled as if she knew what I was thinking about.  »I know kitty, I know.«

Glossary: 1. Moe is a Japanese term you say when you see something romantically cute.

                    2. Joker is one of the Batman's enemies, he has these scars on his face for which he always gives a different explanation.

 Author's note: Want my advice ladies (presuming most of you is a bit younger than me)? Avoid boys. Avoid, avoid and avoid. But let's be honest, none of us will actually do that. The bastards have inhuman powers of attraction. Anyhow, vote if you liked, comment, I enjoy your support and I must say, that running this marathon called writing wouldn't be possible without you and your support. Thank you all :)