Chapter Seven

• Dedicated to My little sister even though she dissed Vic earlier she wasn't too annoying abou

A/N Hey people its been TOO long. I'm gonna be honest, I finished writing the chapter three weeks ago I just never typed it up. >-< I know that's bad. Well I wanted to post before the summer was out (for me) and I promise time school starts again I'll be posting more. I know it sounds backwards but I spend my lovely math period writing like a future English major XD. Okay well I hope this was worth the wait. If not feel free to message me or comment and scream and call me a raging whore. I deserve it because there were plenty of times when I was sitting doing nothing I could've posted. Bad me >-< Okay I'm gonna shut up and let you read now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're a fallen!" I exclaim.

Lucas slams his locker and looks at me wide eyed. "What are you taking about?!"

Before I can say anything he grabs my neck and pulls he close, staring into my eyes. As he does his own widen with shock and fury.

"You did it," I breathe. "You're the reason I can see them," I say looking behind him. What was once a shroud of blackness expanding out of his shoulder blades was now a pair of glossy beyond black wings so dark they looked to have created a hole in space itself. The wings of a fallen, an angel no longer in good graces with God but also not in allegiance with Him. I've been trying to confront him for week but he'd been dodging me the entire time.

He stares down at me, so many different emotions flickering through his eyes. After a second of conflicting emotions the one that settles is rueful. "I am so sorry. The second I saw you I should've left town but I was hoping, praying actually that you weren't one of them too."

"'Too'? Who else is there?"

"It doesn't matter she's gone now. They got her and it's all my fault," he looks down.

"You awakened her? Just like you did me?"

He nods.

I though back to something he told me before. "A-And you killed her? To release her?"

He nods again and tears his gaze from the floor looking at me. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to awaken you. But you're endangered now and they're gonna be coming after you. They already are."

"The demons? I already know about them."

Last week Jessie sneaked into my room and told me about how there are thousands of blessed ones but only few have the ability to "see". Those blessed ones can only be "awakened" by close contact or attachment to a fallen. Once awakened the blessed are able to see those who are or once was a angel, also making them a target for demons who want to posses them and use their abilities to start a war with heaven or something like that.

He sighs, "Of course you do. The angel told you didn't he?" He sighs again before I can even answer, "Of course he did. He's your guardian." He said it more of a statement than a question but I nodded anyway. "Of all angels, he's you're guardian."

"What do have against Jessie?"

"That's what he goes by now huh? Suits him." He shrugs and rubs the back of his neck.

"You didn't answer my question."

He looks down at me then over my shoulder and scowls.

I start to peek behind me when his voice captures my attention.

"Don't worry about it, just," he pauses looking behind me again, "stay safe. And Alexis, please start away from me."

I deadpan, "Really Lucas? Still?"