Chapter Six

• Dedicated to My Step Mom's Laptop ^-^

A/N It feels like I haven't uploaded in months even though it's only been like a couple of weeks about a month now I guess. That just shows you how much I've missed it. Honestly it's because I was visiting family and was stuck in a house with three little monsters (3, 5, and 7) all of whom almost never gave me peace. Every morning for three weeks I was waking up to the five year old jumping on my stomach because there's no such thing as a guest room and I was sleeping on a mat on the floor in the living room. I mean seriously, how I found the time to write at all beats me and the fact that I'm just now typing and I've been home for a week...UGH. And now I'm rambling because I wanna tell you all about how evil these little dwarfs were. *sigh* I've kept you waiting long enough. The song I wanted to put up here changed to King for a Day by Pierce the Veil, WARPED TOUR BITCHES XD Okay here's the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alexis go home," Miah sighs shaking her head as I approach the counter on the customer's side.

"Hi Miah, I'm doing fine. What?! You heard I was in a car accident? I was stuck in a hospital bed having to eat apple sauce and soup for four days? You heard that I was craving for a sense of normalcy like going to work on a normal work day? No! Where on Earth did you hear this?" I cross my arms and stare at her. I know the sarcasm was heavy but I meant every word of it. I need something to be normal after the week I've had.

She sighs, "Heavy on the sarcasm aren't we?"

I sigh and cross over to our side of the counter and plop down in nook. "Miah please. I can't take sitting in bed for another day. I don't care if you force me to take inventory just let me stay."

Miah sighs again, "Okay but no reading, I don't want you to get a headache."

I smile and stand up slowly knowing jumping would make me dizzy. I walk over and take Miah into and embrace kissing her on the cheek; I feel her smile and pat my back.

Twenty minutes later I was curled up in my computer chair and secretly read on my phone. Miah was shifting through papers on the counter when I suddenly hear her swear. Another thing about Miah was that she was a renowned causer for someone her age. I look up and she her holding a piece of paper angrily.

"Miah, what's wrong?"

"That damn grandson of mine was suppose to go pick up a order of books yesterday, Now I gotta go pick it up," she growls angrily.

"I can do it for you," I offer.

"No. No driving when you have a concussion. I'll go. you stay here and watch the shop, and when that dipshit grandson of mine gets here you lay into his dumb ass for me."

I stifle a laugh, Miah favorite pastime besides reading is insulting Jessie. "Yes Ma'me."

She leaves me alone grumbling something about finally firing Jessie on her way out. I return to my reading listening to the soft rhythm of my breathing zoning out in the story. A few minutes later I hear the bell on the door ring but something tells me it's Jessie so I don't bother to get up. I hear him cross over to our side and then a soft intake of air when he realizes I'm here.

He rushes over to me. "Alexis what are you doing here?! I heard about the accident are you okay?" He lifts my hair off my forehead and inspects my stitches.

I smile and look up. "Jessie does Miah have a bone to pick with y-" I stop mid sentence and just stare wide eyed.

"What?" he ask worry plaguing his face.

I say nothing and just stare. My head throbs and a sharp pain sears in my chest; I clutch my breast and agony as my breath turns ragged and I begin to hyperventilate.