Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Of course you don't. You're too f*cking stupid."

"Explain it to me, please."

"You ever wonder why Vince's father didn't like the fact that he saved you and brought you home? Or why his father and my father both didn't approve of the two of you together?"

"No." I shook my head.

"It's because I was supposed to marry him. Our fathers had a deal. I'd marry Vince and my father would hand over half of his businesses. Vince is supposed to be my husband. I've always loved him. The day I found out that he saved you, that he picked you, my heart broke."

"I thought we were friends."

She scoffed. "We've never been friends. I was just playing you. My father and Nicolai beat me to keep up the act. They did it so you'd feel sorry for me invite me to stay. It got me a way in to your home."

"That's how he knew where and when to plant the bomb at the diner. And where we were when he wrecked us. You were telling him everything."

"Damn right I was."

"He never beat you while he had us, did he?"

She chuckled. "He didn't lay a hand on me.....well I take that back. He did lay his hands on me but it a complete different way."

"He's your father!" I yelled, completely disgusted.

"He's also my baby's father." She said rubbing her stomach.

"That's so nasty and disturbing."

"To you."

"So what are you going to do to me?" I asked.

"Vince should be on his way to come and save you. If he's fast enough the night just succeed."

"What are you going to do when he gets here?"

"We're all going to have a nice long chat and straighten this shit out."

So we waited and we waited. A hour later we heard a car pull up and then saw Vince walk in.

"Stop right there." Adrianna told him as she pressed the gun to my temple. "Throw your weapons on the floor."

He pulled out his two pistols and placed them on the ground along with his knife.

"What's this all about?" He asked.

"You know what this is all about." Adrianna said. "Tell her. Tell her how you've known all along that we are supposed to be together."

He didn't look at me. He continued looking at her.

"It's true. It's supposed to be you and me. We're supposed to be husband and wife."

"I've always loved you! I've always loved you and you've always ignored me!" She yelled getting angrier.

Vince looked at me with a pained expression before looking back at her.

"I know. I know you've always loved me."

"Really?"

He nodded. "You wanna know a secret?"

She nodded.

"I love you to."

My heart shattered. I didn't want to believe it but a part of me did. He had a tell when he was lying but I didn't see it.

"You....what?"

"I love you to. I wish I would've married you. Saving Juliet was the biggest mistake of my life. I wish I'd never done it."

My heart broke more. He didn't even look at me.

"She's so f*cking clingy and always has to know where I am and what I'm doing. She didn't speak for seven g**damn years. I had to be her f*cking voice. My heart broke on your wedding day because I knew that I was too late. You're beautiful and so f*cking sexy. When I'm f*ckinf Juliet, I'm really thinking about you. I picture you in my head."

I was crying at this point and so was Adrianna but for completely different reasons.

"You're telling the truth?" She asked.

He nodded. "I am. I never lie."

"We can kill her and then you and I can get married and we can have babies. We can have the life we were always meant to have."

"That's sounds so f*cking perfect. Let's leave this place so we can be happy." He said holding out his hand.

"Let me kill her first." Adrianna said pressing the gun to my head more.

"No, let her live. It'll hurt her more knowing that we are living our life together."

She shook her head. "I'm going to kill her first. I want to kill her first. I need to kill her first. It's better that way. She'll die knowing that you love me."

I closed my eyes and waited for the shot. I waited for my end to come.

Just as she was about to pull the trigger I heard Vince yell. I don't know what he yelled but a second later a shot went off but I wasn't the one that dropped dead.

Adrianna was.