Chapter Nineteen (Edited)

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on the door. I looked over to see Vince still sleeping. I got up carefully and grabbed my robe.

It was Adrianna.

"Sorry to wake you."

"It's fine. What do you need?"

"I can't sleep."

"We can go get some tea." I said walking out and shutting the door.

We walked in silence down to the kitchen where I began to make some tea.

"Doc should be here around noon." I said once the tea was done.

"I can't thank you enough for helping me." She said as we went and sat on the couch.

"You don't have to thank me. You're my best friend. I'd do anything for you."

"Same. What did Vince say about me being here?"

"Nothing. He doesn't care. I think he's secretly really happy about it because it means that I'll spend more time with you and less with Stefano."

"Isn't he your bodyguard?"

"Yes but he's a flirt."

"I didn't take Vince as the jealous/insecure type."

I laughed and shook my head. "He's not. He loves Stefano like a brother and just doesn't want to have to kill him."

She then began to blush. "Does Giovanni still come around?"

I grinned. "Yeah. He's over a lot. Why?"

She shrugged. "Just wondering."

"You still like him."

Giovanni isn't just Vince's best friend and underboss. He is also Vince's cousin so he was over a lot. I'd always noticed that Gio paid extra attention to her when she was around. Gio is like Vince when it comes to a lot of things. He doesn't like to be touched, he doesn't talk unless it's necessary, and he's very intimidating. That's why it was easy to notice how much they liked each other. It's also why he sent Giuseppe in his place the day of her wedding.

"I shouldn't. It's not like he'd want me now anyway." She said sadly.

"Trust me, he still wants you. He was so pissed when he found out you were getting married."

"Nothing can happen, Jules. I'm married and possibly pregnant."

"You can get a divorce....or become a widow and then problem solved."

"A widow? You've got a little darkness in you, don't you?"

"I'm married to a Mafia Boss and live with Mafia men."

"Very true." She nodded.

We talked for hours about anything and everything and before we knew it the sun was coming up.

"Tesoro, how long have you been up?" Vince asked from behind us causing Adrianna to jump.

"A while. She couldn't sleep so came down for tea."

"And how many cups have you had?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Five."