Chapter 12

New chapter. Sorry if it's a bit choppy, it was a quick one. By the way, there is a reference in this one.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Sir, we have a location"

The agent told his superior nervously. Agent K could face the biggest and worst ghosts. He's made the Halfa cry out in pain and fear, but here, now, standing in front of his temperamental boss, he was terrified. Agent A wasn't a patient man and when he was told that he had to wait for the Halfa to slip up before they could find him, he was not pleased. As the days turned to weeks, Agent A got angrier and angrier.

Agent K lost the bet and was forced to tell his boss the news.

"About fucking time Agent. Where is he?" The man growled. Agent K turned and started walking to the lab.

"As you know, the Halfa had blips once and awhile on our radars, but never long or large enough for us to get and locate his ecto signature. However, at 17:00 there was a surge of ecto energy in a place known as Happy Harbor, Rhode Island. He currently is being held in a facility used by the teenage sidekick team, 'The Young Justice League.' Presumably, he is being protected by the superheroes and the children. Sir, how do you wish to proceed?" Agent A stopped, thoughtful. Agent K stopped walking as well and waited for his boss to answer.

The white-clad man smiled psychotically at his employee.

"Let's go get it."

Agent K took a while to answer, "we will be outnumbered if we only send the retrieval squad."

"Send all the manpower we've got. Take no prisoners and eliminate every obstacle." Agen A looked the younger in the eyes.

"I don't care how you do it. Get. The. Halfa."

The agent smirked at his boss. He could use this desperate order. He took a breath.

"I can do that," before his boss walked away, he continued, "if you let me have my old partner."

Agent A growled. Agent K hurriedly explained, "sir, you're going to have to use him eventually, what's he going to do on the bench, I mean-"

"Agent. Stand down."

Agent K continued to ramble nervously, "no one has more resilience and I know he almost killed the test subject, but who hasn't? I would reall-"

"Agent! I said stand. Down. Now." Agent A barked more forcefully than before. Agent K closed his mouth.

"I will send Agent O on the retrieval mission as a test run of whether or not I can reinstate him. Now go debrief others and move out. Understood?"

"Yes, Sir."

Within the hour, all the available agents the GIW had were ready and in the helicopter, heading toward Happy Harbor.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"SKULKER!" Tucker ran as fast as he could through the base. He searched every room and was screaming on the top of his lungs, his PDA clutched tightly in his hands.

"SAM! TECHNUS!" It had been a few months since they had started watching Danny, and they weren't prepared for this so soon.

Two figures rushed out of a room ahead and ran towards the frantic boy.

"Tucker, what is it, what's wrong?" Technus asked the panicked boy.

"They have his location. They are almost at the mountain. What are we going to do?" Technus' face changes from concerned to full on panic.

"SKULKER!" Technus took off down the hall, leaving the two kids behind. Sam and Tucker glanced at each other before following the ghost.

<><><><><><><><><><>

The hunting ghost sighed in exasperation. Placing the papers he was looking over down and standing to walk out of the room. As he pulled the curtain to his makeshift office aside, he came face to face with one concerned ghost and two panicked children.

"Can I help you?" he growled, annoyed at being disrupted.

"The GIW are on their way to take Danny. Right now." Sam cried out. Skulker didn't hesitate. He flew over to his desk and grabbed the small radio and immediately barked orders into it to the ghosts who were on guard duty.

"Code White. Activate Operation Discharge. Now!" He turned back to the other three.

"We are going to go to the meeting area while Amorpho and Ember are retrieving the Halfa. We need to move. We will worry about everything later." The three nodded and followed Skulker out of the base and to the meetup area.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Danny was about to go back to the Batcave with the two Bats when the flashing red lights overtook his senses. The world turned into blurs again and Danny started breathing quickly. He registered Batman pulling him towards his larger form and kneeling down to look at him. He was saying something but Danny couldn't hear what is was, and his hand was passed off to Robin.

Robin grabbed Danny and pulled him close and turned to the Zeta tubes, debating whether to run or to look for safety. Before he could decide, the entire mountain went dark.

"Shit. Vino una, trebuie să găsim undeva în siguranță." (Come one, we need to find somewhere safe) Danny clutch Robin's hand and let out a small whine, his eyes shut tight. Robin looked down at the boy and started pulling him around.

As he was blindly running through the darkened hallways, trying to remember where a safe room was, he felt a sharp and forceful tug and he heard a shriek of fear before he turned to find Danny gone, only pitch black.

"Danny?" The word echoed down the empty hall. 

<><><><><><><><><><>

I hope you liked it, sorry it's kind of short. Let me know what you think.