Chapter 9 - Monday Blues

When Monday arrived, Kurt and Blaine found themselves hand-in-hand as they entered the lunchroom, well aware that the late bell had rung several minutes ago. To both boys' satisfaction, their usual table was fully occupied aside from two empty seats, right next to you-know-who. Blaine led them over to those available chairs, a smug grin on his face as he got Sebastian's attention by saying, "Are these seats taken?" Not waiting for an answer (as it wasn't really a question), both boys sat down immediately, Blaine in the middle with Kurt to his left and Sebastian to his right.

Sebastian had a brand new look on his face, one that not even Blaine had ever seen before. It was a cross between resentment... and amusement.

"Well, you're awfully late," he commented. Then, specifically to Kurt, "I was beginning to think the humiliation got to you and you transferred schools or something. Oh, wait... you already did that. My bad."

Ignoring Sebastian's rudeness, Blaine tactically continued, "I guess we just lost track of the time. On our way here we noticed a computer lab was empty and we got a little... carried away." The implication was not meant to be subtle, and he even added a wink for more emphasis. Thankfully, most of the other people at the table didn't hear him (or were at least pretending not to), but Sebastian most certainly did. That was kind of the point, after all.

To add to the realism of the whole situation, Kurt decided to playfully smack Blaine's arm, as if to say Blaine! That's private!

After a moment of what looked to be disgust-filled consideration, all Sebastian had to say was, "How sweet," his eyes glaring somewhat threateningly at Kurt. However, the smirk was restored to it's usual placement as he added, "As for those seats, I wouldn't get too comfortable. Before you so kindly decided to join us, Wes called a mandatory Warblers' meeting in 5 minutes, so... right now. It sounded urgent."

Kurt and Blaine exchanged puzzled looks, but stood up from their seats along with the other guys at the table, picking up their lunch trays and following the crowd to the Warblers' meeting room.

~

"This is completely unfair!" Kurt groaned, his voice barely carrying over the noisy commotion of the room.

"I'm sorry, Kurt, but we take these complaints very seriously," Wes sighed, his eyebrows slightly furrowed in show of sympathy. "If our fellow Warblers aren't comfortable having you as a teammate, there's nothing I can do."

Blaine visibly rolled his eyes, standing up from the couch where he and Kurt were seated, but not letting go of his grasp on the boy's hand, as he demanded, "You can't just kick him out! We didn't even take a vote."

"Actually, we did," Sebastian sneered from behind them, walking around to the front of the room as he spoke. "After you two ran off to God-knows-where at my party last weekend, we thought it'd be appropriate to discuss the very concerning matter of whether or not we wanted a traitor on our team. Turns out, most people in this room don't. Can you believe that?"

Blaine glanced around the room for some kind of sign that the boy was lying, but didn't find one, as pretty much everyone was avoiding eye contact with him by looking down at the ground or up at the ceiling. He then looked over to Kurt, whose eyes were also glued to the floor, and slowly sat back down next to him.

"It's okay, I'll talk to my dad," Blaine assured him in a hushed voice, giving his hand a comforting squeeze. "We'll get this sorted out. I promise."

"You know what, no, don't do that," Kurt said out loud, pulling his hand away from Blaine's and abruptly standing up. He looked directly at Sebastian as he uttered, "I'm clearly not wanted here."