Mama Worries

Flora

"That's why," Cousin Brandi explains before she sips through the straw of her sparkling berry sangria herbal tea.So, Rattle Tattle Matthew is getting married to the girl, who tried to pull him away from his friends, especially me back in middle school and high school?

"What happened to Rachael? I thought he and Rachael would get married, like, after college?" I interrogate honestly because in our sophomore year in high school, Matthew began dating Rachael, who was from our second period Algebra class and I genuinely believe that they were the couple to get married and start a family together for eternity because I instigated them to be together. Now, I don't know what the hell happened afterwards because Matthew was off to major in business at the State College of Florida; Rachael was going to the same college as him and I went to.

"I guess some couples aren't meant to be." Cousin Brandi shrugs and I shrug as well, sipping through the straw of my beverage.

"Speaking of weddings, my parents are getting their vows renewed after thirty years of marriage tomorrow." Magdalena says while Aiyana mouths her words that leaves Magdalena's mouth. She snaps her head at Aiyana. "Why are you mouthing me?" Magdalena queries, causing us to laugh.

"Because you remind us that your parents are getting their vows renewed for the past four weeks." Aiyana explains. "That's because I want to make sure that you guys have it installed in your memory vault." Magdalena reasons.

"We already have it installed in our memory vaults." I chuckle.

"I'm sorry. My family and I have been helping my parents plan their vow renewal day and night, night and day to make sure that their big day would go perfect as planned. All this planning is giving a sister dark circles all thanks to little sleep."

"Why don't you put the back of the two silver spoons over your eyes or you could use cucumbers or a concealer?" I suggest.

"Oh, gosh! I didn't know this is Flashback Slumber Party tricks/tips." Tricia jokes humorously. The six of us laugh at the same time. "So, are you guys still coming?" Magdalena asks.

"Of course,we are!" I assure her with a nod.

"Flora, if Matthew and Tabitha are thinking about having their wedding here, would you help Tabitha find her dress?" Aiyana queries. Terror overtakes my face just as I commence pondering on the thought of Tabitha ripping the thin fabric of lace as well as tearing up the material that are stocked and hung in the racks. "Oh, hell no!" I furiously shake my head the same time I sip through my iced chai latte because I know how Tabitha is. When we were in the seventh grade, she splashed her slurpee on the assistant costume designer for making Tabitha's costume unattractive for the Sleeping Beauty musical.

"If my fellow employees and I are planning their wedding, I especially do not want them to walk down the aisle in freaking denim like Katy Perry did with Riff Raff at the 2014 MTV VMA's that was originally from Justin and Britney. Weddings are formal while the Grammy's are a cross between casual and formal.There are no awards at weddings! Weddings are not an Oscar's ceremony!"

"Oh, gosh!" Magdalena chortles, sensing that her beverage would come out of her nose any second. "If they do that shit too, I'm gonna bounce."

"Yeah, I remember that, too!" Tricia snickers. We spend the evening talking about our jobs and personal lives when a mellow ringtone plays and Magdalena picks up her phone, answering it and places her phone over her ear. "Hello?" She responds, following with speaking Spanish to the person she's speaking to over her phone. Her brow furrows and she lowers her head, shaking it with a grimace on her face. I even hear her mention Monica, who happens to be her older sister. Magdalena finishes the call by saying, "Okay, mama. Love you, too. See you later." She hangs up.