Chapter 13 : Blind Sighted

Garroth's POV

I just stepped out of the guard tower. Time for my shift. I slightly sigh, shifts are boring, but I love walking around the village helping people. Wonder if Y/N is up? My thoughts are interrupted by someone banging on the other side of the gate. I reach for my helmet on my utility belt and put it on. I clear my voice and watch the gate go up. There was five horses with four guards from another place and a guy with expensive clothing on the center white horse. I guess he's important.
"Welcome to Phoenix Drop. How may I help you?" I say through my helmet. It sounds weird but I'd rather wear this then be sorry later. The guards get off their horses and two of the closest help the important looking guy off of his. Wow, that's a bit extra. He looks at me blankly. He has black hair and grey eyes.
"I'm am here to see someone, does a Y/N L/N reside here?" I pause. What does this guy want with he? Maybe he's just visiting like Nathan. Hopefully..
"Yes, what is your business with her?" My voice booms through my helmet. He straightens.
"Ah yes business," he brushes his shoulder and steps closer. "I need to have a formal discussion with her, may you fetch her for me?" I nod.
"Thank you, I shall be waiting here, be quick could you?" I nod again and turn around and start jogging to Y/N's house. I can tell he's a rich snob.

Laurence's POV

I see Garroth jog past. Wonder where he's going? I look to the gate and make five figures. I could guess that they wanted someone, or else they wouldn't stay there. Still, I wonder who they sent Garroth to go get? I shake the the thought and walk to the plaza. I'm in need of a snack!

Your POV

I was just closing my door when Garroth jogs up to me.
"Hey Garroth, how are you?" He looks a bit exhausted. He regains his composure.
"Hey, good. There's someone waiting at the gates for you." He seems nervous. I wonder who it is. I jog with him for a bit and then walk when we almost reach the gate. I see Dante and Travis speaking with the five guys at the gate. I look closer, and hate what I see.
"Ah, Y/N, it's been so long dear." He smiles at me. I can't tell if it's sincere or not. I look at him blankly.
"Hello Father." Travis, Garroth and Dante look at me in shock, then at him.

"It is nice to see you. Why can't you be more, what's the word, enthusiastic?" He glares daggers at me. I can't tell him that Nathan's here, that's killing two birds with one stone.
"I would be more enthusiastic if I valued you as an actual father figure, or good person for that matter." He snarls. He doesn't scare me anymore. But what he could do, does.
"Maybe if you were a respectful, kind and caring daughter like when you were young you could stop being such a brat." He added some bite to that sentence. I stand there, trying to keep calm. Just the thought of him can work me up. Travis hesitantly speaks. All eyes are on him.
"Um, Y/N.. Who is this guy?" I pause.
"He is Thalon L/N, lord of V/N, and my dad..." The guys stiffen.
"Correct, now, we must talk about something." I know what this is about. I stare blankly at him.
"I want an alliance with Oh'Kasis, and the last Romeave there, Zane, has agreed to marry you in exchange for an alliance. So, no more running, you are coming with me, whether you like it or not." He smiles evilly. Travis and Dante turn pale, I can't say the same for Garroth, since he's wearing a helmet.

Okay, that's it. I take a deep breathe. I look him straight in the eye. My eyes burn brighter.
"Okay, first off. Go to hell. You don't care for me, and I don't care for you. I am not a pawn in your game. You can take that offer and burn it. I will not do that." I'm glad I didn't yell, but I just made this worse. He looks like he could spit fire, even his guards take a step back. He goes to slap me. I just stand still and close my eyes. I saw this coming. I embrace for the pain but only feel a hot warmth. I open my eyes to see a pillar of flames push back his hands. I feel someone running towards me and look to see Nathan standing next to me with his hand outstretched, controlling the flames. He gently lowers his hands and the pillar of flames disappear into the ground. I look to my brother. He's eyes were burning red, he was really mad. The guys have a flurry of emotions.
"That's enough, I believe you should leave." He says in a calm voice. My fathers expression turns evil. He smiles.
"Ah my dear son, how have your abomination of powers treated you? Or are you still in denial that they aid you? You just hurt anyone who gets close to you. Come on, tell me I'm wrong." Nathan looks like he's going to burst into flames. He does his best to be calm. Fire elementals are know for their anger and outbursts. That comes with the flames. I step closer Nathan and hug him. I send an Energy aura his way and he calms down slightly.

"Pathetic, you're just like your worthless mother. Caring for those that never give back to society." Something's inside me cracked when he shamed my mother. Mom was the only thing that made me feel safe when I was young. Because at the time, Nathan was locked away because of his element going nuts. It was rough.

I let go of Nathan and stared at Father. The guys had turned pale and didn't even move.
"Leave. Before I do something I'll regret." I bit my tongue, trying not to scream at him. My eyes had turned brighter. They were practically glowing with hatred. He didn't get the message apparently and started laughing. He still didn't know about my powers. About time he knew. Nathan spoke.
"I wouldn't push her old man, she can scare you beyond belief." He chuckled, still glaring at him.
"Haha, like this little girl can hurt me. Princesses can't fight. Even the obnoxious ones." He sniggered at me. I smile brightly. He looked confused. I grab his hand. He looked at me weirdly.

That's when I remembered something. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only stored, transformed and transferred. I smile and my eyes brighten. He looks down to see it. I was draining all the Energy from his body. His guards didn't react quickly enough to help him. My eyes turned black with F/C pupils. F/C particles slithered up my arm. He had a look of horror. I let go and he collapsed. Two of his guards caught him while the other three readied their swords. My eyes were still black.
"Leave, or suffer that yourself." I said darkly. They exchanged worrying looks and left, putting Father on a horse with one of them. I shook my head and my eyes regained their color. I turn to see the guys looking at me in shock. I shrugged.
"He was getting annoying." With a bang, the gate was closed and Garroth took off his helmet to reveal a pale face..

Travis' POV

WHAT IN IRENE WAS THAT?! She stood up to the Lord of V/N! He's one of the meanest lords out there! I can't believe she did that. How did she do that? It's like she stole his soul or something. The cutie has some cool tricks up her sleeve. How could she marry Zane? She belongs with me. I may be a huge flirt but I do like her...

Dante's POV

Woah, that was some kind of intense. Y/N and Nathan's dad is HIM?! That's rough... I really feel bad. I can't believe he was forcing Y/N to marry Zane. If she said yes, I would've been heartbroken. Gone before I can say how I feel... Nevertheless, that guy got what he deserved. Man she's awesome.

Garroth's POV

I should've known who he was him earlier. Irene I'm dumb sometimes... I can't believe he would treat her like that! If I wasn't frozen I would've punched him. I'm glad she declined the marriage... I'd be heartbroken if she accepted. And to Zane of all people! Sure he's my brother, but he's changed for the worse... I'm worried about him yeah, but I also want Y/N... What she did to him was incredible. I wonder what she did? Looked like she took his Energy...

Your POV

I can't believe I just did that...

-