Ch 1 × Behind the Screen

Disclaimer: I don't own Nurarihyon no Mago and stuff. I really think this anime deserves a bigger fandom and I have always found it difficult to look for fanfics about this anime sooo, I HOPE YOU ENJOY

Minami POV

Blinking every so often, my eyes were fixed on the screen of the laptop in front of me. Slightly, I moved my fingers to pause the video.

Sighing, I stood up and went to the fridge to get a drink. Just as I closed the fridge door, my phone rang.

"Minami-chan?" The familiar voice from the other line.

"Yeah?"

"Are you free tomorrow? It's summer holiday and I'm bored, so we could hang out?" Silently, I looked back to my laptop.

"Sorry Rei, I'm busy tomorrow. Maybe another time."

"Oh... Haha okay then. Sorry for disturbing you. Bye!"

"It's fine. Bye." I hung up.

'Wow I really do have no life. Turning down an offer to hang out just so that I can stay home and watch anime.' I thought to myself.

Sitting back on the couch, I made sure I was comfortable before placing the laptop on top of the pillow on my lap again and clicking the play button to continue the episode of Nurarihyon no Mago that I was watching. My eyes watched the Kamaitachi and Rikuo as they battled Tsuchi-Gumo.

'I wish that I could spend my summer in this anime and just explore and meet all the characters. That would be much more fun than being alone and bored at home.'

Both my parents work and they don't usually come home until about 7pm, and I'm an only child so I'm pretty much cooped up in the house with my laptop everyday.

Taking a sip of my juice from the fridge, I spent an hour or so rewatching episodes of Nurarihyon no Mago : Sennen Makyou before my phone rang again. This time it was a text.

Mom: u alright at home?

I typed back a reply.

Me: mm yeah, fine

Mom: ok, just checking

Mom: i might be coming home late tonight but i ordered pizza for u. ok w/ u?

Me: yep, thx mom

Mom: no problem, luv u

Me: luv u too

Grabbing my phone, I finished the episode I was watching and headed up the stairs to my room so that I could take a shower.

Halfway up the stairs I realized something.

'Oops, I forgot to turn off the AC in the living room. Ugh. Stupid me. Back down the stairs now.'

I shouldn't be complaining though, this is probably the only form of exercise I get nowadays.

Just as I was about to take another step down, my foot slipped and in slow motion, I could feel myself lose balance and fall closer to the stairs at the bottom. I tightly shut my eyes and let out a little squeak as I braced myself for the fall.

But it never came.