8. The Party

Cafune- running your fingers through the hair of someone you love

The ride to the party was full of laughs and playful exchanges between the six of us. Harry and I exchanged glances in the rearview mirror a few times and his smile never failed to make my heart flutter. I knew it was wrong of me to feel this way. Nothing could ever come of us, it just wasn't in the plans. My future was set and so was his. His parents probably had some gorgeous girl set up for him to marry, just like mine had the Prince set up for me.The thought brought melancholy thoughts and made me realize how little control I had over my future.

We arrived at Chris Archer's house and the atmosphere alone was enough to brighten my mood.  Chris's house was nestled in the woods away from the main road and out of sight. Colorful lights were hung around the trees and they falshed iridescent colors everywhere. His house itself screamed classic venetian style, but the energy of the party made it appear modern and fun.

Alessia and I got out of the car and even she had an awed expression on her face. 

"Ok this is pretty cool" she says with admiration. All I could do was nod in response, still too astonished to speak.

"Wait" She says to me.

"What?"

"Aren't you going to take off that stupid jacket?" She says.

I glance down and laugh to myself. "Yeah, I probably should" I laugh.

Brody unlocks the car and I hastily walk over and take off my jacket and put in the back seat.

I rush back over to catch up with them, even though they are waiting for me. I feel somenoe's gaze rake over my body and when I look at Brody he is staring at me and he quickly looks away, cheeks slightly flushed. Alessia grins at me and chuckles a little at his reaction. I peek over at Harry and his eyes are glued to the floor. He probably thinks I look like slut.

Brody leads us up a lit path to the front door of the house and I still cannot get over how spectacular everything looks. I hear a chuckle behind me and when I turn around I see Harry smirking at me.

"What?" I finally say after being rendered speechless.

"You look like you just won the lottery" He says. I just smile in return and keep walking.

People say hello to Harry and Brody and the others and I start to realize just how popular they are. Several girls throw themselves at Brody and he politely talks to them. Harry on the other hand either tells them to leave him alone or just flat out doesn't acknowledge their existence. I spot Mason across the room and tell Alessia I'll be back in a minute.

"Hey" he greets me as I make my over to him. He's talking to a guy with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. Cute.

"Hi" I smile back shyly, my awkwardness coming through.

"This is Chris Archer, the man of the hour" he introduces his friend.

"It's nice to meet you.." he trails off, not knowing my name. His eyes glance over my body and I suddenly feel extremely self-concious.

"Elise Charment. It's nice to meet you too" I say, gaining confidence.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" Mason asks me.

"Um..sure. What is there?" I ask. 

"We have beer, soda, water and there are some mixes over at the as well" Chris interjects.

"I'll have a beer" I say. Mason leaves and I'm left standing there with Chris.

"Are you new here?" He asks.