Chlorine Afterthoughts - MiMo

A/N: Hi~ here's a MiMo draft I've had for a little over a month now. It's loosely inspired by the song above, if you wanna listen. I had the idea at first and then happened to remember a song that was fitting for the storyline, heheh. Sorry if these are short, by the way. Perhaps in the future I might make a second part for some of them but for now, they're just one shots. :)

Enjoy <3

-

A sigh crackles through the speaker. It's tired, it says more than she can really speak. She's a little drunk, but she knows exactly what she's doing. The latter knows her. That sigh. She's just been asked to come over.

-

The doorman greets her with his kind smile.  Perhaps it's genuine, but she can't take it seriously. Not when the world is as messed up as it is. But still, she smiles back at him, knowing she's made him blush as the shiny marble floor leads her to the lift, heels echoing in the empty vicinity. It's happened so many times now, hearing that sigh that sounds like static, white noise and nothing more. Sometimes there's a husky groan, and Mina knows she drank more than she meant to. It never matters, anyway. She's harmless when she's drunk, and she sobers up in her own time. The water helps.

-

The lift makes an annoyingly pleasant sound as Mina reaches the top floor of the skyscraper. The door is open when she presses down on the steel handle, like it always is. Mina doesn't understand how she's comfortable like that, leaving everything unlocked and exposed. Sure, she owns the building, but that means nothing in their world. She locks the door after she enters the loft. When she thinks about it, the latter probably isn't comfortable. She takes pleasure in the simple displeasure of having a thought that bugs at the back of her mind for a while, as it's close to the only thing she has to worry about in her ridiculously luxurious life. When everything's taken care of, the urge to have something that isn't perfectly in place all the time gets stronger. And perhaps it's also why she drinks; because when everything else is spotless, she's the one that's out of place, and it's comforting in some twisted, inexplicable way.

Mina walks to the glass wall at the end of the spacious, dimly lit living room. She pushes on a section of the glass and it lets her out into the cool night. It's the roof of the building, where the view from the heart of the city lies. Everything looks glamorous from up here, but the two know better than that. The deep, heated infinity pool glows with a blue tint from the lights beneath the surface, and a faint smell of chlorine lingers closer to the water. The water pours over the edge of where beauty lies, reflecting the city lights and the night sky in a blur. The night air is cold against Mina's skin, and perhaps that makes the pool more inviting to her, because the water was warm. The latter sitting on one of the deck chairs by the pool was warmer though, to Mina.

Momo had poured them both a glass of  White Zinfandel, setting the half full bottle on the little table between the two and only deck chairs. She's already drunk, but she justifies that the latter can't be completely sober, and likes to enjoy a drink with her. Mina doesn't mind a drink either, so she never complains. She makes her way to the latter wordlessly, taking a seat on the deck chair. Momo acknowledges her with a soft hum, weakly swirling the clear, pale pink liquid in her glass. She her lips ghost over the rim of the glass as she tips it up slightly, sipping on the sweet, fizzy drink. She had too much strong liquor at a company function earlier, so this mild taste was pleasant. Mina sips lightly on the pretty alcohol as well. She finds these types much more enjoyable than the strong ones that Momo gets drunk on. Momo does too, honestly. But she likes the taste of something she doesn't particularly enjoy to neutralise the luxury. It's ironic, though. She drinks alcohol she doesn't like as if it's anywhere near cheap. It isn't, and her favourite strong drinks were the most pricey in the range. Japanese whiskey.