Chapter 1 "Introduction to her world"

Chapter 1

"Miss! Behave!" Yelled the irritated police officer. He had once again found me drunk and took me to a ride back home.

"Lalalaaaaa," I was now singing at the top of my lungs, just to enervate him; maybe likewise he'd let me go.

He rolled his eyes, grasping my arm tighter, "Just follow me"

"Mmmm," I spoke seductively. "Come on Danny," I had overheard his name a while ago; Daniel, and I didn't hesitate to call him on his nickname. "Let me go, and I'll grant you any wish. What do you say?"

"Joanna! I say, shut up and let me do my job!" . After all these rides he had learnt my name too. Cute.

Come on! It should have worked. Well, it's not like I would really satisfy his 'needs'; Just leave him hanging. I've done it before, many times.

Great. I'm both a bitch and a liar. My parents must be proud.

But I had to do it. I can't go back to my house! Not back into that hell!

Diiiiiiing. The moment I heard the doorbell, goosebumps were sent throughout my body. I gulped.

A figure opened the door and stood there still.

"Does this girl belong to you?" asked Dan, the police officer.

The man nodded.

"Good. Well, I found her drunk, wandering around; and thought I could give her a ride home. Please scold her properly so she won't repeat it."

"Oh I will," Michael responded and winked at me. How disgusting.

Sadly, the officer didn't notice the wink, so he simply smiled and left.

I was about to, too, when I felt something pulling me back. It was Michael.

You see, Michael was my father. Sort of. My real one had died on a plane crush about a year ago, togehter with my mom. Michael was my step-dad.

When I first met him, he was wearing the widest, most genuine smile I'd seen. He wrapped his arms around me and conforted me when I needed someone the most. I thought god was repaying me for what I've been through. That Michael was my angel. A handsome and kind angel.

That's why, I gladly agreed on him taking my custody. I would finally be happy; I thought.

I was wrong. I was terribly wrong. He didn't give a crap about me. From that day on, he would abuse me on a daily basis; in every possible way. I hated him for that; I hated him for what he was. I was a fool who believed a skunk like him. I detest Michael.

I closed my eyes tightly and shoved him away. I had to leave. To run far, far away.

Though, for the time being, my room was enough.

"Where are you going?" inquired Michael, as I was climbing my stairs.

"...I need some alone time..," I uttered, running staight to my bedroom. But he followed me. Of course he would.

"Joy?!"

Hearing his unappealing voice, I slammed the door closed and locked it. Leaning my back at the door, I slid down. I was turned into something that looked like a ball, my knees up my chest and my head down my knees. My throat was sore, tears about to run down my cheeks.

"Joy my sweety, what are you doing?!"

I felt a knot on my neck. I couldn't anwser.

"Joy?! Joy?!" I hated this name. I detested it. I detested him.