True Stories-Jumping out of a moving vehicle 1

I overslept and I was late for work one morning. It was 11:35 a.m late July 2014. I called the office of Royal Princess Members Club,Port of Spain and told them that I'll be very late. The general manager, Mr. Murat told me that it was ok. I went ahead and got ready for work. I reached to work feeling tired as ever,dealing card games and making a lot of mistakes on card games tables and getting yelled at until I finished work 8 pm.

I was gonna go home straight when 3 of my co-workers, Roxanne, Chinee and Marvin asked me to chill with them. I went with them at Independence Square, Port of Spain where they drank alcohol and talked about life. I don't drink alcohol so I only drank 2 Malta, told everyone "goodbye" and headed for home.

I came out of a maxi taxi and stopped at Five Rivers Junction, Arouca around 12 a.m and there were no cars for me to reach directly home. Everywhere was dead and silent. I was wondering if I had to go at Five Rivers Police Station to get a drop home or continue to wait for a taxi. I decided to wait long for a taxi.

Eventually I saw a driver that I never took before. I never seen him before. Tired as hell and feeling weird, I still went into the car and gave him my destination. I sat in the front seat of his car and the driver told me that he had to collect something right there from someone before he can drop me. I told him that he can go ahead.

I found that the driver was driving very fast and reached further beyond than what he explained. I asked the driver on where exactly he was going and he kept saying "right there" and continued driving. I started to get frightened. He turned into a dark, long road, St. Michael Road where I started to panic. I told the driver that I'll take it right here and he said nothing that time and still continued driving. I managed to open the car door and jumped out.

I ran for my life, screaming,crying, badly bleeding and in a lot of pain. When I was thinking the driver would have reversed back, followed me and tried to catch me back, he continued driving the same direction. Maybe he was scared.I saw 2 members outside of their house,a guy and a woman who used to work at the same workplace, helped me into the house and took care of my bruises. I ended up at Five Rivers Police Station where I should have gone in the first place instead of going into a stranger's car. God knows what could have happened if I stayed in the car😢