Creative Writing - Stress Relief

A/N: I've been planning on posting this for a while, here it finally is. This was actually a school assignment that I really enjoyed in health class (it's primarily descriptive crap, so that's why lol). The purpose was to use the five senses to ease the mind and create a calming, descriptive piece. I hope y'all like it! Remember, comments and votes are always appreciated! I love hearing what you think of my writing, so don't be shy! :)

Second person:

Arriving at a distant vacation cabin, isolated within the boundless woods, you stepped out of the car. The gravel crinkled beneath your weight with each stride as you approached the entrance, your pathway illuminated by the glow from inside. You were greeted by a welcoming color scheme of dark greens and reds, accompanied by lovely mahogany furniture. Resting your luggage on the nearby table, you turned your attention to the backyard.

Entering the outside once more, you allowed yourself to perceive the wondrous surroundings. Taking in a long breath, closing your eyes, you felt the cool, pine air enter your nostrils. The scent offered relaxation, and you graciously accepted, letting the sensation flood through your body. You permitted yourself to restore your aware state for just long enough. You made the short trek down the steps etched naturally into the hill, and found yourself on a dock, a minor peninsula within a lake. A boat, unused at the moment, lay on the wood.

Walking across the planks, you reached the edge. You had a perfect view. A watercolor palette of a sunset was overhead, just above the faint outline of the trees. The colors of orange, pink, and purple were projected onto the surface of the water, rippled with small, steady waves. The navy pool of night sky dotted with sparkling stars was perceptible through your peripheral vision. Breathing deeply, you let the melody of the streaming water overtake and calm your mind. This beautiful remembrance seeped into your memory as the sun continued to descend. Your feet were planted firmly on the wood supporting you, arms dangling at your sides and your fingers resting in their natural curl. You were at peace with the earth.

After some time had passed, you decided to return to the backyard. Noticing the fire pit, you gladly got to work. In just a few minutes, you had kindled a fire. Immediately enjoying the heat radiating from it, you sat down in one of the chairs close by. Entranced by its flickering, reflective light, you watched in quiet admiration as an occasional glimmering spark would snap and the little amount of smoke would spiral into the air. The sky was now a sea of rich blues and blacks, stars tearing through the darkness, along with a luminous crescent moon hanging from above. Time passed, time spent sitting in front of the fire. You concentrated on the gentle crackling, relishing the cozy feeling of the warmth on your skin. Soon, though, the flames wavered and you felt a few raindrops slip down from the now cloudy sky.

The fire had subsided and it drizzled lightly outdoors. Before retreating to your homey cabin, you allowed some more raindrops to overlay you. A bead of water rolled down your cheek, reaching the corner of your lip. The taste of refreshment. Before the precipitation could pick up, you returned inside. Perched on a comfortable chair, the soft material cushioning your figure, you listened to the inconsistent patter of the rainshower.

WORD COUNT: 502

A/N: wow that was from like a year ago and I just realized how LoNg my sentences are