Chapter 15: Trouble in Paradise

Start from the beginning

"What the hell are you doing?" he murmured.

Instead of answering him I ignored him and pulled out my math workbook and flipped the pages until I came to the page that I was to do for homework. With a groan of agitation he turned back to the front.

"Trouble in Paradise?" I hear Jessica ask him.

"We're fine Jessica," Landon answered, fishing around in his back pack. He pulled out his laptop and his cellphone.  I turned back to my math workbook and began to do the problems on the page.

About ten seconds into my work my phone vibrated and I picked it up to see who had texted me.  As I had expected it was a text message from Landon and it was the emoji face that blows heart kisses.

I roll my eyes and place my phone back on the table and continue to do my math work.

"Kayla," I hear Landon whisper.

I look up at him with a look of irritation. "What Landon?"

"I'm sorry," he apologized giving me one of his genuine smiles.

"Okay."

"Okay? Are you still mad?  I said I was sorry baby."

"Okay Landon we'll talk about at Lunch," I tell him and let my eyes fall back down to my homework.  We needed to talk about this and it wasn't the right moment now. After study hall ended, Landon and I walked to Anatomy together.  He was silent, his hands in his pocket, and his eyes glued to the ground.

"Landon what's going on with you?"

"Nothing..." He trailed off, picking his head up and looking over at me.  I noticed that his eyes were a little red and he looked tired and I knew then that something was going on with him.  Something he wasn't telling me.

"Landon you should start opening up more.  I don't want to pry but I'm worried about you," I say, my forehead creasing as I glared at the side of his face.

"I don't want to talk about it." His gaze returned to look me in the eyes. I nod, shrugging and then move to walk ahead of him, but he grabbed my hand once again, intertwining our fingers. "Now.  I don't want to talk right now," he added, bending down a little so that he could press a kiss to my temple.

I nod and we walk the rest of the way to class in silence. I took my seat by him and open my notebook, preparing to take the notes I was sure to come.

"Kayla," a voice called me from the back of the room.  I turned around in my seat to see Hunter sitting three rows away from me.  He smiled, his lips curving upwards so that he could display a bright, white smile.

I lift my hand and slowly wave at him, Landon watching me the entire time.  I didn't really understand Hunter.  He was always friendly to me and I liked that, but he didn't understand that I wasn't going to talk to him.   My boyfriend hated the guy and I knew that he sort of had a crush on me, so I kept my distance for the better and the better was no headache.

I turned back forward, but to my dismay Hunter had gotten up from his seat three rows away and sat next to me and Landon.

"Kayla you're going to Parker's bonfire?" he asks, his smile growing.

"Uh, yeah, I'm going with Landon...my boyfriend," I respond with a frown.

"Cool, well I'll see you guys there." Hunter stood from the seat and strutted right back to his former desk.

My eyes wander over to Landon who was sitting quietly in his desk, his entire body turned towards me.  I remember when he used to sit in the back of the room, but when we began dating all of his classes were spent sitting next to me.  Except our first class, but Mr. Anderson was very adamant about not liking our relationship so he didn't allow Landon to switch seats.