-> Three <-

- Friday, June 6th, 7:27 pm -
- Xanthippe's pov -

Back in the Banquet area, I looked around at the scenery. The ball room was lit up elegantly and multiple people were chatting with one another. New found mates were kissing or hugging. I felt good for them. Sighing, I rubbed my temples, feeling a headache coming on. My wolf whimpered inside of me, wanting me to go back to our mate, but I stayed in my spot. My mate was Alpha King Jaxson. The evil King. The gorgeous King.

"I met him!" I heard the cute squeaking voice of Ariel sand turned, seeing her wide smile as she walked over to me, a guard walking behind her, staring at her like a puppy.  "I can't believe I actually met my mate, Xan. What about you? I didn't see you come back to the room after the Running." She looked up to me, raising an eyebrow.

I gave her small smile, happy she at least met her mate. "I'm happy for you, Ariel. It's nice to meet you-" I turned to her mate, seeing his gaze was on me and wide and fearful. He either knew I was Jaxson's mate or there was something on my face. I'm thinking the face. I gave him a smile. "You better treat her right. She's a sweet girl, this one." I refused to answer her question on if I had found my mate or not.

"Y-yes, ma'am," he stuttered, bowing his head to me. Ariel turned to look at him, furrowing her eyebrows. She gently rubbed his arm, and it seemed to calm him down. "Ariel, sweetheart, you should bow. She is Alpha King's-" before he could continue that sentence that I dreaded, someone bumped into me. Two growls sounded, a male and a females.

"Sorry,"I muttered although it weren't my fault and turned to see that it was the Australian Beta blood that was in my room. Her eyes were in slits on me, a nasty smile on her face. Beside her, a tall man had his arm wrapped around her waist and he had the scent of an Alpha.

"Looks who's the runt now," she said haughtily, "my mates an Alpha. I don't see your mate around here." She gave me a growl and her mate joined in, trying to be menacing. My wolf did not like this one bit. 'Well, our mate is the Alpha King,' my wolf snarled inside of me and although it would have felt great to say that to her, I simply shrugged.

"I feel bad for your pack. With a girl like you as the Luna, it won't survive a week," I told her in a sweet voice, giving her a smile. Her smile dropped and her eyes flashed before she dove at me, tackling me to the ground. "Get off of me, bitch," I growled out, but before she could even really hurt me, she was tackled off of me. Part of me expected to see my mate, but instead it was Ariel's mate. He straddled her waist, holding her by the neck to the ground. He no longer looked flustered, simply stoned faced, his eyes black.

"You will never hurt my Luna. Never," he growled to her menacingly. The Australian's mate was next coming after Ariel's mate, but soon a few other guards had them pulled away from the Banquet. Standing up, Ariel's mate blinked a bit before turning back over to Ariel, a worried look on his face. He went over to her, holding her close to him. "Are you okay, Ariel? Did either of them touch you?" He asked her quickly, worry in his voice.

"I-I'm fine," Ariel whispered and I looked up at her, seeing her staring down at me in jealousy and confusion. "Did you two used to know each other? Is that why you protected her, Tyde?" Her wolf whimpered in her voice.

I got back up on my feet and shook my head towards her. "No, I've never met your mate before. He just saw an innocent Alpha blood being attacked and helped out. He's a real keeper, Ariel." I tell her smoothly, trying to stop her mate from saying once again that I was the Alpha King's mate. Ariel seemed to visibly relax at that sand sent a small smile to her mate.

"Xanthippe," I winced and turned around as I heard my name being called. My sister made her way over, looking flawless with her beautiful light blue dress. She seemed to float along the ballroom floor. She came over to me, barely giving the two beside me a glance. "I thought Prince Aiden was taking you to the doctor. What happened?"

I bit my lower lip as she asked me that. "Well, the king stopped us. I thought it would be better if I just stayed out here than rather in the Royal quarters." I told her, lying through my teeth. "But, I feel fine. It was probably because I put all my energy into running all at once, my body couldn't keep up."

She gave me a suspicious look before she dropped it and nodded at my lame excuse. "I told you to run with me and Xac on our daily runs, but you always fall to the back." She says before turning to Ariel and Tyde. Ariel bowed to my sister, while Tyde stayed up straight, watching my sister with calculated eyes. "Oh, you two must be Xanthippe's friends. I'm her sister, Xena." She introduced herself sweetly, although I could feel how uncomfortable she was. She hadn't ever spoken to an Omega in a friendly way and she wasn't used to it.

"Oh yes, it's very nice to meet you, Xena. I'm Ariel, an Omega-blood that was in Xan's room and this is my mate, Tyde." Ariel greeted quietly, sending my sister a genuine smile. I was surprised to see my sister relax and smile back. "This place is so spectacular, right? I've never been to a place so grand." She laughed out, her eyes going to her mate. His eyes softened for her and he pressed a kiss into her forehead.

I looked over at Xena, seeing her look at the couple with envy and longing before she  pushed that away. She turned to me, a delicate smile on her face and she opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off as the music cut off and the crowd seemed to go silent. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around, my eyes landing on the curtains that hid the Royal's were slowly being opened. My gaze fell onto the whole Royal family. The previous Luna Queen stood beside the previous Alpha King, their heads held high and proud smiles on both of their faces. Behind them, standing beside a throne was the Alpha King's mother and the Luna Queen previous to Aiden's parents. A small smile was on her face as she looked around. Aiden stood beside his grandmother, looking fresh from all of the wounds that his brother had given to him. He looked at stone faced as his brother was.

And then there he was, the Alpha King. Everyone around me bowed aside from myself, my eyes lingering on his body. He wore a crown on his head and he sat at his throne. My eyes flicked to the slightly smaller throne beside him, seeing a tiara was sat delicately on the cushion. My wolf purred at the sight of it. 'That's our crown, Xanny.' She told me, eagerness in her voice. It was our crown. And that made it all to real for me.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," I said quietly to my sister, my stomach flipping from inside of me. I couldn't deal with this. I didn't want to. I wanted to be back home, in my bed, where my parents could ignore me. But, I knew I couldn't just leave Jaxson. The mate bond had already started and I was trapped. Trapped forever to stay with him. 'That isn't so bad,' my wolf said eagerly inside of me, but I just pushed her away.

Once everyone came up from the bow, Xena turned to me, gently grabbed my hand. "Are you okay? I just mindlinked mom and dad. Do you need some fresh air?-"

"Everyone, may I have your attention?" A woman's voice said aloud and the both of us turned to look up to the stage.  Penelope, the woman who was talking to Aiden while I was fake passed out, spoke out as she glanced around. "King Alpha Jaxson has found his mate this Running year," a hushed whisper went over the crowd and I felt Xena squeeze my hand hard as she gasped. "Yes, I know everyone is excited to finally have a Luna Queen. I am pleased to ask our next Luna Queen to come up, Xanthippe Nightingale."

Xena stiffened as my name was called out and everyone glanced around, wondering who would step up and claim this name. My eyes darted around, first meeting Ariel's wide eyes, then Aiden's sorry gaze, until they finally landed on Jaxson's stormy stare. 'Mate,' my wolf chimed in, giving me the energy to begin my way towards them. I pulled away from my sister's grasp and made a step forward. Eyes turned to me and then everything turned silent.

'Breath,' I reminded myself. The only ever time I had stood in front of a crowd was when my parents decided to host a Mooning party for Xac when he first shifted. I had to make a speech in front of the pack, but then again I knew most of the pack. I didn't know these people and the Royal's were up there. My mate was up there. 'Be Xena. Be the gorgeous and perfect Luna.' I told myself and found myself walking on my tippy toes, mimicking the way my sister glided effortlessly over the dance floor.

A scream from across the room bellowed our and I stopped, turning my head towards the scream. A scent hit my nose and my eyes widened as I watched a wave of new people wash in through two large closed doors. They were rogues.