10. Family Visits (Part 2)

Chapter 10 - Family Visits (Part 2)

Zara's POV

I gulped when I heard his name. The name that has been haunting me ever since he came into my life. The same name that continues to terrorizes my dreams and turns them into my worst nightmares. The name that belongs to the guy I was supposedly to be in love with. The name that covers all my past....

 Zaviar.

Many of you are wondering who the hell is he. Well, believe me, when I tell you...you're gonna which you never knew. Zaviar was my everything back then. He was my best friend. My life. My lover. And at some point, I thought he was my mate, because of the strong attraction I had with him. But I thought wrong.

 After we were together secretly for two years, we both found out that his mom was supposed to be marrying my dad in a matter of three weeks. That's when everything we had....became hell. He found out that his mom was only doing it to replace his dad and he got angry, claiming that no one could replace his dad. When I heard that, I thought it was so cute and loving that he thought of his dad that way. But then I found out about his plan. He thought that by killing my dad and revealing how weak he was, his mom would change her mind. But man was he wrong. His mom didn't want to replace her mate, she wanted the power. You see, my dad was the Alpha of the pack. In fact, he was one of the top five Alpha's in the world that had the most power. So when Zaviar found out about this, he was overwhelmed. Why....because his mom promised him power...lots of power. So they went along with that plan. But everything of that fell apart when my dad found his mate. Sure, my mom wasn't his mate so when she passed away, he didn't mourn long. But when he found his mate, Christina, the arrangements for the wedding was cancelled and long forgotten. He just went up to her and told her it was over because he found his mate and he's not planning on rejecting her. This caused Maria, Zaviar's mom, to become furious. He was supposed to be in love with her and no one else...in her mind that is, so she told her son that his former plan was still in process.

They were too crazed for the power to notice that in they're planning; I was standing right there, listening to their every word. I heard them planning out ways to kill my father, to kill Christina, and surprisingly, to kill me as well. When I heard Zaviar telling his mother that he would have a little 'fun' with me first, I gasped. Both turned to look my way and smiled deviously and me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, so I did the best thing I could do in a situation like this.

I ran.

I ran all the way to the pack house, where my dad would be and told him about what Maria and Zaviar were planning to do to him, specifically leaving out the part about me. He was too worried about him and his mate; I didn't want to worry him anymore. At the time I thought it was an excellent idea, but now I'm not so sure. My dad ordered his men to capture Maria and Zaviar immediately and kill them. We were notified that Maria was killed in a matter of days and then she was brought back to the pack house, but they were still in search of Zaviar. Weeks passed. Then months, but still no luck in finding Zaviar.

Two months later, everything had settled down and my seventeenth birthday was in tow so no one was too worried about him. Everyone was focused on me. On the night on my birthday though, that's when everything went from peace to disaster. Zaviar came back and he was looking like he hadn't bathed, eaten, or showered at all. His clothes were trashed and torn and he had hair all over his face. His eyes only said one thing. Blood lust.He glanced at me and then back to my father. Before I knew what was happening, he lunged at him. I thought he was going to kill him, but he passed him and went for Christina. That's when everything froze. I saw it happen in front of my eyes. The way how Zaviar shifted to his grey wolf. The way how my father was trying to get up and protect his mate. The way how Zaviar sunk his teeth in her neck before slowly ripping it apart. The way how my dad crashed to his feet after he saw how Zaviar killed his lover...his mate...his everything. Dad was too focused on his mate that he didn't notice that Zaviar had shifted back and started to leave. But his words were not forgotten.