[28] Tree House

[28] Tree House

After I stormed out, Dana ran after me, calling my name. I ignored her and kept walking off. I looked at the sidelines, and there was some people staring at me, wondering who I was.

"Lyric, wait. Please?" Dana tried catching up with me. It was difficult for her, since she was wearing 6-inch stilettos. "Lyric, you wait the fuck up, or else."

"Or else what?" I said grimly.

Dana narrowed her eyes at me once she caught up to me. She gripped my arm, digging her nails into my arm. I winced slightly. "What the hell was that?" She yelled, referring to the incident that just happened a few minutes ago.

"You guys are shouting questions at me all at once, like I'm in trial for a murder. Of course I'm going to get pissed off," I exclaimed, flailing my arms dramatically. "Why the hell do you guys even need to question me? Aren't you guys even the slightest bit happy for me, in a way?"

Dana pulled me into the girl's bathroom, rolling her eyes in the process. "I'm not saying I don't support your change, I mean you look really pretty, it's just that, why so sudden? You seemed pretty happy when we saw you at the dance last week. Then today, you stroll in, looking like you belong in the cheer squad."

I stayed silent, letting Dana continue what she's ranting on about. "Just tell me why- why did you change yourself? I just wanted to know. I think we both know that I can see past bullshit."

I still kept quiet, but kept thinking about the actual reason why I did change in the first place. Dana stared at me, pondering many theories why. She kept narrowing her eyes at me, trying to get me to speak.

"Would you stop that?" I snapped, getting annoyed by her stare. The look she was giving me reminded me of a mother staring her child down until the child told the truth.

"Then why don't you tell me? I am your best friend you know. Lyric, best friends don't keep things from each other. We tell each other everything," She said in the same tone I was speaking.

"I did this," I said gesturing to myself. "Because I wanted to."

"But why did you want to? Was it because you like someone? Do you like a guy, Lyric?" She asked loudly. She paused after the last sentence, like a light bulb went off in her head. She looked at me, studying my new features and outfit. "Lyric...do you like Braxton?" She asked softly.

I tensed up and breathed in deeply. I bit my lip. She figured it out. Dana figured everything out. How did she figure it out like it was some easy math equation. "Lyric, do you like Braxton?" She asked, a little louder this time.

"Yes," I said barely audible that the air was louder than me. "Yes, I like Braxton Farren."

"What was that?" Dana asked, cupping her hand around her ear.

"I like him, Dana. I did this whole thing just for him, but I don't even think it worked one bit," I said sadly.

"Aw Lyric," She said, pulling me into a hug. "I think he does like you Lyric, but I think he likes you for you. Not this blonde bimbo you. He liked that brunette, grey eyed, band-tee and colored skinny jeans wearing, non-makeup you. Why would you even think he would like this new you anyways?"

I cringed when I thought of what happened after the dance last Friday. "Well...after the dance, Braxton and I went to an ice cream parlor, and there he saw girl and her friend. She was a blonde chick who dresses exactly like this. He practically forgot about me once he started talking to them, leaving me to walk home at night when it was fucking cold."