HOW DO I STILL HAVE NO TITLE FOR THIS?!

Start from the beginning

He crouched down and maintained eye contact. "I'm not going to punish you Harry, because having nightmares is a normal thing. You're not a bad boy just because you have a nightmare." Harry stared at him in disbelief. "B-But my aunt and u-uncle always punish me when I scream." He said in shock. Severus stopped himself from scowling. The kid was frightened enough as it was. "It's normal to scream when we're really scared. No one at Hogwarts will punish you for having a nightmare." Harry stared at him in shock.

He was no longer trembling at all and he had relaxed a bit more. He sat slumped over slightly, instead of upright and tensed. "Would you like to tell me what the nightmare was about? It might make it less scary." Severus treaded lightly here. He didn't want to set the boy off again and erase the little progress he'd made with him. Harry shook his head furiously. Now that he knew Professor Snape wasn't going to punish him, he wasn't as scared as he usually was around adults. Besides, he seemed nice. He was being very kind to him, and he reminded him of Draco's parents, who weren't mean to him or punished him at all! Severus didn't push him to talk. He stood up slowly. Harry might have been more relaxed, but he was still staring at him wide eyed like a deer caught in headlights. "Come on. I think we both need a hot drink. Does hot chocolate sound good?" How it was possible, Snape didn't know, but Harry's eyes widened even further. "I can have hot chocolate?" He whispered. Severus nodded.

Harry beamed at him, catching Severus off guard. He had never seen Harry smile before and his heart warmed seeing his innocent happiness. Over hot chocolate of all things. Harry scooted off the couch, still maintaining a small distance between him and Severus. "My aunt and uncle never let me have hot chocolate. Dudley always drank it all, and I used to watch, but now I'm gonna drink hot chocolate!." Severus lead the way into the kitchen, with Harry babbling hesitantly. He turned on his coffee machine with a flick of his wand. Harry hovered by the door. "You can sit down at the table you know." Harry silently clambered up onto a chair at the table. Up close, Severus noticed how malnourished he really was. He was smaller than any eleven year old he'd seen! And he'd been teaching at Hogwarts for years now. He added more marshmallows to the mug of hot chocolate.

When he set Harry's mug of hot chocolate in front of him, the little boy curled his small hands around the blue mug quickly, as if scared Severus was going to take it away from him. Snape sat down across from him with his mug of coffee in hand. Casting a quick tempus, he saw it was seven o'clock. They had an hour till breakfast started in the Great Hall.

The unlikely pair sat in companionable silence. Severus watched as the poor boy struggled to finish all of his sugary drink. "If you can't finish it all, it's ok. Don't make yourself ill." He said gently. Harry slowly put his mug down. He refused to make eye contact with Severus and he sighed. He had thought they had made some progress, but this was to be expected. He had only been with the boy for a half hour or so. The other hours, he wasn't conscious for them, so they don't count.

"I was in the cupboard again." Harry whispered. Snape immediately sat up straight, concentrating on the nervous child in front of him. He knew all about the cupboard. He stayed silent but encouraged him to continue with a nod when he glanced up at him. "I had b-burned the food. But it wasn't my fault, I swear! The pan was really hot and I h-hurt my wrist. But my uncle h-hit me and yelled at me, saying I was u-useless. And he threw me in the cupboard. He didn't let me out. Not even when I got really really hungry. The s-school had called, asking why I'd missed three days of school." He spoke in a whisper, tears dripping down his cheeks. Severus stood up abruptly, his chair screeching on the hardwood floor.

Harry flinched at the sound. He knew he shouldn't have told him. Now he was going to punish him for being a bad boy! Severus noticed his fear but ignored it, pulling him into a gentle hug. Harry tensed. His eyes squeezed shut but when he didn't get hit or yelled at, he opened one eye cautiously. "It's ok. It was just a dream. And they can't hurt you anymore. You don't have to go back to them ever again." Harry pulled away from him, staring at him in disbelief, tears swimming in his green eyes. "I don't have to go back?" Snape shook his head. "They won't hurt me anymore? I'm a good boy?" Harry asked hopefully. Snape smiled at him slightly. Severus Snape smiled at a child. Severus Snape smiled, in general! "They won't hurt you anymore. And you are definitely a good boy Harry." The little boy buried his head in his robes and cried. Severus felt slightly guilty. He knew it wasn't just a dream. But if Harry thought it was just a dream, then there was no point in telling him it was real. That it had happened. He hugged the sobbing boy in his arm tightly. No one was going to hurt him anymore. He wouldn't let them.

A/N: I'm probably going to transfer these chapters over to a different book, and make a book of this. Sorry if this one was shorter than the others, I just wanted to put something out before I go to the airport and get on my flight etc etc. I am going to return to my oneshots, don't worry. I will begin posting completely unrelated, completely random oneshots again. I know not everyone wants to see a series, this is a one shot book after all. People didn't come for a series or an actual proper this is the plot story! So, for those of you people who don't want series, don't fear! The oneshots will start back up. I feel like all I do lately is form series, and I apologise. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!