Chapter 2

Lukas threw his bag onto his bed and sat in his desk chair. He scrubbed at his face as he leaned back, thinking over to events of the day. All was mostly...normal. First period was odd, seeing all the people he hadn't seen in a couple months was odd, but nothing too bad. His first period class...he kept thinking about it. Before he could think any further a knock at his window pulled him from his thoughts.

His eyes snapped open and to his windows to find Anna and Kyle kneeling on his roof. He unlatched the locks and slid open the window. "What the hell are you two doing?" Lukas asked with a hint of bitterness laced in his tone.

"We are going to find Oliver," Anna said with a glanced to her brother, his faced cold and harsh. Lukas looked to Kyle as well and the realization hit him. Lukas missed and wanted to find Oliver so bad, but Kyle...Oliver's boyfriend...Lukas had been so stupid to not even think of Kyle.

He thought for a moment, looking between the two before sighing, "Fine." Lukas slid his phone into his pocket and grabbed a flashlight off his desk before slipping out the window and towards the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna looked around carefully as her, Lukas, and Kyle searched the woods. They'd been there for several hours already searching for Oliver. The only clue they had found was the broken path the lead from Oliver's house, which was quickly no help considering in ended. Anna ran her hand over her face and she sighed in frustration.

Anna continued to make her way through the woods before finding Lukas' hand gripping her arm and pulling her behind a tree. She turned to snap at him but was quickly quieted as she saw the expression on his face, he had heard something. She quickly looked over their surroundings and found nothing. Then, in the shadow of a large tree she was able to make out two figures. Her eyes widened slightly as she saw them, her attention whipping back to Lukas but seeing he had already disappeared and Kyle was pressed against a tree nearby, lost in thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

It took Lukas no time to spot the two figures. He'd smelled them first, one was human and then other...he couldn't tell. The second he could see them he was pulling Anna behind a tree and Kyle was following in suit at a tree nearby. He glanced to Kyle, offering a small nod saying he was going investigate. Before anyone could say other Lukas was off into the thickness of the trees. Swift and silent, they never saw him coming as his eyes shined a bright yellow, his fangs glistening, and his claws, ready to shred whatever was in his eyes. He attacked the larger figure, tackling him to the ground with his fangs mere inches from the person's throat.

"Lukas," said a soft, but firm voice. It came from the other figure, female. He pulled away slightly to find Alex Deaton standing in front of him and Adrian Deaton below him his eyes narrowed slightly before he got off of him. Adrian was up on his feet in a heartbeat, a glared spread across his face.

"What are you two doing out here," Lukas practically demanded as Anna and Kyle found their way at his sides.

"Oliver," Alex simple said as she looked at Kyle carefully. "Interesting."

Kyle sneered and narrowed his eyes, "What?!"

Alex stated blandly, "You're a banshee."

The trio stared in slight shock before Lukas questioned, "How did you know that?"

You could practically see the gears turning in her head as she crafted her answer. She glanced to her twin before answering carefully, "Its hard to explain without giving the full story..."

"The full story?" Anna asked with a raised brow.

"Come with us," was all she said. Alex and her brother began to walk away, she simple glanced back at them before they followed her. They obviously had answers to questions they didn't even know they had.

~~~~~~~~

The trio sat at a table in the animal clinic with suspicion etched into their faces. Adrian simply  leaned against a counter with his arms cross and Alex stood in front of the trio.

Alex sighed softly, "I suppose you want answers..." She paused for a moment before continuing, "Guess I should start from the beginning." Alex told them of the disappearance of supernatural creatures in the past year, Rajiv from werewolves to druids to banshee. No one's really known why it's been happening, but these events have drawn a lot of attention. More and more supernatural creatures have been drawn in by who knows what.

"What does this have to do with Oliver?" Kyle sneered.

"I'm getting there," Alex snarled slightly then quickly pulled herself together, "We think there is something drawing these supernatural creatures, not necessarily an aslant kidnapping them...Last week around the time of Oliver's disappearance there were reports of a man on fire walking to woods. That same night a woman in Eichen House went nuts and kept writing the same thing over and over."

"What was it?" Lukas asked carefully. He watched as Alex and Adrian exchanged looks, the twins having a silent conversation between themselves.

It was Adrian who responded with a face of cold stone, "'They're coming'."