"You're in room B6." With that statement, he went back to his newspaper, completely ignoring me.

I shrugged and gave him a wave as I walked off to the stairs. After climbing up a flight, I went through the hallway in search of my room. Ah, I smiled, B6.

The key slid into the lock with a resounding click and I opened the door. The sight that greeted me was... uh... yeah.

To be honest, I don't know why I expected the place to be super modern and fancy. I just thought that since it was the gods giving me the room, it would at least be filled with things that would appeal to a god or goddess. Instead, the place looked like it was decorated by a grandma. While there was thankfully no floral wallpaper on the walls, the couches and chairs will covered with an unsightly pink and light green floral pattern. Everything looked antique and most of the furniture was carved out of an aged wood. A large grandfather clock sat in the corner of the living room next to the, thankfully flatscreen, tv.

I made my way to the kitchen to see if that area was any better. Grimacing slightly, I noted that it was decorated the same as the rest of the apartment.

In answer to me being in the kitchen, my stomach growled loudly. I chuckled and scanned the kitchen for any food. My eyes lit up as I noticed the opened box of granola bars on the counter.

Thank you! I thought gleefully as I snatched one up, unwrapped it, and stuffed it in my mouth whole. "Dam," I said out loud, spraying the counter with crumbs, "that's a dammmmm good granola bar."

Just as I was wiping the excess chocolate smears from my snack off my mouth, my ears picked up some heavy footsteps heading towards the door of my new apartment. My senses immediately transitioned into demigod mode as I uncapped Riptide and quietly made my way next to the doorway. I was all too familiar with monsters coming at me at the worst possible moment, so I was ready for anything.

As soon as the door creaked open, I swung my sword until it stopped an inch in front of the intruder's neck.

"What the heck?!"

The screeching sound the intruder made made me flinch, allowing them to sneak under my blade and slip past me into the apartment. So much for being ready for anything.

Taking a closer look at my intruder, who I noticed was not a monster and was in fact a teenage girl, I said the first thing that came to mind. "You sound like a pterodactyl."

The girl gave me an incredulous look. "No duh, idiot! How else am I going to respond when you point a freaking sword at my face!"

"How is this my fault? You're the one that broke into my apartment!"

"You're apartment!?" The banshee screeched once more. "That's my apartment!"

"What." This seemed to shut me up and I was left, floundering for words.

The girl took in a calming deep breath before continuing. "Yes, I live here."

I took a look around at all of the poorly thought out decorations and made a face. "Remind me to never hire you as an interior decorator. This place looks like it's never seen past the 1920s."

She groaned, "I'm not the one who decorated it, idiot, my caretaker is."

I made another face, "Wait, how old are they? Ninety?"

She game me a glare that immediately shut me up. "Yes, but that's not the point."

Hades, this girl is almost as good at glaring at people as Annabeth.