Chapter Seventy-Two

"

"...In breaking news, an investigation has been launched globally after a possible brainwashing scandal was exposed coming out of Florence, Italy. According to the International Confederation, following the death of Headmistress, Alcina Abate, the Accademia di Magia Crusca has been accused of altering memories of its students illegally, forcing them into professions. This may be related to several cases of alumni students who have been institutionalised in the past as well as related to several cases of murder where the motive has been left unsolved..."

Molly Weasley walked over, carrying two cups of tea in hand, one to offer to James as he sat with Harry in his lap inside the living room of the Burrow. She was hoping to settle the young man's nerves as his legs were bouncing so much in place that it was shaking Harry, who thought it was some sort of game as he happily clapped his hands together. She turned the Wizarding Wireless Network off as it had been covering the Florence case since the news broke a couple of weeks prior.

The Daily Prophet was the first to grab the story, covering the murder of Alcina Abate and her husband, Nencio as little details had been exposed at the time to the public. Many believed that the "beloved" headmistress had been killed in cold blood, along with her husband. However, as the days went on, more the story began to unravel and suddenly, the renowned headmistress became the story of nightmares.

When people learned that her own children had been subjected to torture in order to cover up the harmful practices, many believed it was the work of a possible Death Eater, trying to continue the work of Lord Voldemort, even long after his death. And once Adelmo and Renata were transferred to St Mungo's, every reporter was attempting to get in, hoping for some sort of interview. However, Renata and Adelmo remained in induced comas, along with other alumni students and currently attending students of the academy that needed to be examined.

James wasn't sure how they were going to work in order to help all of them until he saw a pensieve brought in to assist the Healers, along with Obliviators sent in from the Ministry of Magic to offer their own help with uncovering memories. Overall, it was hectic in St Mungo's, morning, noon, and night every time James was there. And he was often very hesitant about bringing Harry, simply because he wasn't sure how his son was going to react.

He remembered Renata being against the idea of children spending a lot of time in hospitals, even if it was just to visit. There was a lot going on around them that they didn't understand and it could come across as frightening. Besides that, how was James supposed to explain to Harry that Renata was asleep but wouldn't wake up even if he tried to wake her? But at the same time, since James had returned home, Harry hadn't stopped asking for Renata.

It was painful to see Harry look around the home for her, as he would look under all the beds, stick his head in Renata's room, look out into the garden or spend a great deal of the day sitting in the window to look out the front. James remembered when Harry looked around for Lily for awhile and he hated seeing him go through the same thing again. He knew he had to take Harry to see Renata, he just wasn't sure how well it was going to go over.