Chapter 3

When I went into the room I shared with Nadia. She was on phone with someone but she told whoever she'd see him or her later that night and hanged up.
"Where are you going tonight?" I asked her
" I completely forgot that you've hidden yourself from everyone and don't know what's up anymore." She teased. " It's a pool party. Being held by the basketball team."
"Hmm" the basketball team only reminded me of one person, Leo. My ex boyfriend. I met him during the first week of school. He was in junior year and the captain of the basket ball team. The talk of everyone. Girls wanted him. Boys envied him. But I didn't know all that. In fact he didn't even tell me he was the most popular guy on campus. I heard all that around and he confirmed it. The night we met, I was on my way to my dorm after Niall cancelled out on me. We were supposed to meet for a project work but he called to say something came up. (Yeah I know right. Our Art professor gave us a project on the first day of class. Sigh.)
It was raining really hard and Leo was driving by. He gave me a lift and accompanied me to my dorm and we started talking. It was like love at first sight for me. I felt the connection with him. One word led to another and a kiss escalated. It was the best kiss of my life. We started hanging out and he finally asked me out which I happily accepted and I became his girlfriend. Little did I know that I was signing up for something worse. I eventually ended up like the others. His ex-girlfriends I mean.
" Are you coming with me?" Nadia broke into my train of thoughts
" Of course not. I don't wanna ever see him or hear his name again"
" you know that's not possible. His name is basically in every sentence in this school."
" I'll get over him." I said, sadly.
" Do you wanna talk? About what happened? I still don't know why you broke up with him"
" No. I'm not ready to talk about it" I stretched on my bed. " All I know is I should've never trusted him. I should've listened to all the rumors I heard about him. You know I'm the longest he's ever been with someone?" I chuckle. " imagine. it's been only a month. Farthest he was with someone was a week!"
" I wonder what he did to have you leave him. You used to be all over each other" Nadia
" He made me feel like we had a thing. Something that was never gonna end. We had our whole future drawn out. What names we were gonna give our kids. All the places we'd go. I just... I just..." My heart was aching. I felt hot tears roll down my face. I was hurting everywhere. Leo was my first serious boyfriend. I took him very seriously. Very seriously. That's why it hurt a lot.
"I'll go take a shower" I said. Nadia was looking at me with sad eyes. " I'm okay. I'm gonna act like I don't care. Like he never existed. Trust me."