Chapter 2

I strode into the library in my pajamas down and the knitted sweater my grandmother gave me last year on Christmas. I scanned the room for Niall. Not that there were many people in the library anyway. I spotted him and walked towards him. He was drawing something in his sketch pad and immediately closed it when I approached. Of all things in the world he really thought I'd be worried about him and his stupid drawings today. I rolled my eyes and took the seat beside him.
" Hi Niall. How are you doing? I'm fine and yourself? I'm good too. Thanks for asking" Niall turned in my direction " is that too hard to do?"
" Niall.. I'm not in a good mood okay. Let's get started already" I yelled. The librarian gave me a stern look before she put a book on a shelf and left.
" I'm done with the project that was given to the both of us. Which you never showed up for to participate in." Niall
"Well I'm here now" I replied
" Whatever"
" Can I at least go through it? I have the right to don't I?"
"I don't have it here with me. All of days you show up here today and demand to see it. We could've been done with it in two days maximum but it took me a whole week to do it all by myself"
"A week? It should've taken you three days max. You're really slow. What happened to the Niall I know"
" Unlike you, I've real life problems to deal with. Not some stupid boy drama" he grabbed his sketch pad and pencil case and left.
what is up his ass seriously. I'm going through the worst phase of my life and this is how he choose to treat me.
I sat there for a couple of minutes with random thoughts crossing my mind then I noticed that Niall had left his text book behind. I took it and decided to drop it at his place. No matter how much I hated his guts I knew how hard we were all trying to pass that course and how expensive that book was.

••••••••••••••••

I knocked several times before he opened the door.
" if you're here to apologize, I'm over it" the smell of weed from his mouth was stronger with every word he uttered.
" I came to drop this. You left this at the library" Me.
" Wasn't necessary" he took the book anyway
" Do we have a problem?"
He shrugged.
" I don't know about you but despite all the attitude. I consider you as my friend and I know there's a human beneath this monster you portray" I said. His face didn't look like he cared. He just stared at me.
" You've to lose that stupid attitude. It's really annoying. Honestly" I spat annoyed by his lack of reaction. I expected him to say something. Not just stare at me like a dummy doll.
" You don't like me! Always talking to me crazy. You-" me
"- seemed like the smart type to me but it's true what they say. Appearances are indeed deceitful" he took a whiff of the blunt I didn't notice him holding and blew the smoke on me
I coughed. and held my breath for the next few seconds.
" Let me know if you're gonna skip class for the next couples of days so I can choose another partner. I don't have time for stuck on stupids" he slammed the door in my face after entering.
" I hate you!" I screamed. I doubt he even heard it. The music blasting in his room could be heard even in the corridor.