Chapter 1

"Skye! Skye!" Leo yelled my name. A group of students gathered around us pulling their phones out as per usual when they sense drama cooking. Sometimes I felt like they were paparazzi who went to my college in disguise.
"Leave me alone please" tears streamed down my face.
Leo took a step towards me reaching a hand out to touch me. I took two steps backwards
"Please." I begged. " Just leave me alone" I ran into my dorm at top speed. As if my life depended on it.

^^^^^^^^^
"Are you gonna skip lectures today too?" Nadia asked me. Sitting on my bed with a worried expression. Nadia has been my roommate since last month. Even though we met as strangers we had developed an inseparable bond and I wished I met her earlier. She was everything you'd ask for in a friend and a sister.
" You've no idea how I'm feeling Naddy. It's like my world has ended. My dreams. Everything. We had plans. We -" my voice broke and a fresh set of tears streamed down my face. Nadia pulled me into a tight hug.
"I do" she said and started patting my hair.
" When I was in middle school my crush broke my heart. Even though we didn't date it felt like a breakup when he ended up with the head cheerleader. You know those type of relationships" she chuckled "He was a jock and you know.. they never really take a glance at nerds. We don't exist for them"
"You? A nerd?" I giggled. It was hard to imagine Nadia as a nerd. She was your typical bad girl.
" Yep. Yep. Well long story short.. I got over him. Goodness, I don't even remember his last name which says a lot because I knew everything about him. Everything. Talk about the last song he listens to before he sleeps, place and time of birth..."
" oh my days! Nadia the stalker" I laughed.
" Good to hear your irritating laughter again. I was starting to miss it" she walked to her bed and picked her book bag. " my class starts in fifteen minutes. Talk to you later" she opened the door
" How did you do it?" I asked rather hastily. As if if she left, she would with the answer. " how did you get over him?"
Nadia shrugged " by living."
" What?" she just stared at me and closed the door behind her. How am I supposed to understand that. I asked myself angrily. I paced the room. By living! Shaking my head, am I dead? Am I? Then it dawned on me, the depth of her words. That was all I needed to hear honestly. I wouldn't let Leo run my life anymore. We were done and it was time to move on. Move On! That's what Nadia meant when she said "by living"