Best of Friends (2)

Start from the beginning

I twist my body until I was facing him and I throw him an uppercut then when he finally released my hair, I kicked his chest until he fell on the ground.

Just like in movie where the police are always late, the guards came right after the scene ended.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes. But you don't need to do that. I can handle myself." She said and we continue walking.

"But why did you let yourself get into that situation?"

"Believe me. I was going to punch them but you butted in." Then we both giggle. Then we already reached our room.

*

"Manoban! Kim! Why are you late?! Do a 500 word essay about why you are late and submit that to me after 10 minutes!"

"Uhh-ohh." We both looked at each other and laugh internally.

Since then, we became like the closest friend ever. I overcame my shyness and I started joining extra curricular activities. I joined our volleyball team and she became a feature writer in our school gazette.

We are always together. We go to the water closet together, we eat lunch together, we go home together, do our homeworks together, and everything, we do it together.

Little by little, I got to know her better. I got to see what's beyond those beautiful cat-like orbs. And because of that, I realized that Jennie is not just the pretty girl who used to be my classmate in grade school, she slowly became world, without me noticing it.

I really felt guilty because it seems like I am betraying her for liking her behind her back. But that's the beauty of having your crush as a best friend, you can hug and kiss her without malice *wink*.

One Saturday night, we are cuddling in her bed while watching Spongebob.

"I noticed that all of the girls in our section are trying to hit on you." She started the conversation without looking at me.

"All of the girls? Including you?" I joked. But jokes are half meant.

"Of course not! I just noticed. So what can you say?" She snuggle closer to me as she hugged me sideways.

"Honestly, it kind of irritate me. They are basically acting like a leech to me. Ughh." But I will gladly take it if it's you, Jennie.

"Hmmpp! I know you are enjoying it, you flirt!"

"Ouch! You are turning into a sadist now, huh? Just admit that you're jealous." She pinched my side.

"I'm not jealous... I'm just afraid that they will take you away from me."

Come on, Lisa! Keep your shits together! Of course she'll say it! You're her best friend! B.E.S.T.F.R.I.E.N.D!

"Ohh..uhmm. Hehe. W-what are you saying? They won't. I will never leave you." I said while looking directly to her eyes.

Maybe she felt that I was looking at her so she return the same intensity. We are staring at each other like we are looking for something in each other's eyes. No one dared to break our eye contact.

"I love you, Lisa." Wait...what???

She smiled sweetly and she buried her face to my neck. She sniff my scent and my body froze.