Running

Amanda☀︎

I was running for my life. Normally I can't run this fast, but today I was. I eventually made it to the back of the building. I peeked around the wall and didn't see him. I caught my breath thinking about how lucky I was.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you who I am. Anyway I'm Amanda Steele and I'm fifteen years old. I live in California with my mom, my step dad and my step brother Taylor. Yes Taylor Caniff. I can't tell you how many times girls have told me that I'm so lucky and guess what I tell them? If only you knew. Why you ask? Well Taylor and his friends Carter and Matt bully me.

Taylor's been doing this ever since our parents got married eight years ago. It's like he made it his life goal to make my life a living hell.

Anyways back to where I am now. I was running from Carter and Taylor while Matt was back at the hotel. I honestly wish that I joined the track team when I had the chance. I heard them whispering and I was terrified to death.

"Taylor do you think she's back here?"

"Since when have I ever been wrong?"

"Always, let's go look back at the hotel."

"Let's go."

That was all I heard before I heard them run off. I looked around the corner just to be sure they were gone. They were and I fixed my leggings and my pineapple crop top. I zipped up my sweatshirt and walked out of the alleyway.

They were chasing me because Taylor thinks I took one of his bandanas when I didn't and I even showed him that all of his bandanas were there, but of course he didn't believe me.

The only reason why I'm here at this hotel is because since Taylor is apart of MagCon and our parents are on vacation and wouldn't leave me at the house by myself for two weeks, so they made me go to MagCon with him.

I didn't really talk to anyone. I haven't really been much of a talker ever since Taylor came into the picture. The only time I'm loud is when I'm yelling for help while Taylor and his friends punch or kick me.

As I was walking along the sidewalk I spotted the back of Taylor's shirt. I quickly walked towards the stores and hoped they wouldn't see me. When I got back to the hotel, I ran up the stairs afraid I'd be in the same elevator as them.

After my very tiring run up the stairs, I pulled out the key to the room I was staying in with Mahogany. I slid the key and noticed that everyone was in the room. I saw Taylor smirk at me while I closed the door and ran for the stairs.

I would've had a better chance of him seeing me while I was on the elevator and didn't want to take my chances.

I kept running up until I saw the end of the stairs with a door. I opened the door and I saw a breathtaking view of the sunset. I slumped down into the ground and started to cry as I wondered to myself, what did I do to deserve this?

There was a loud bang and I turned around and saw Taylor at the door with Carter. I was scared, but if I screamed they'd only make the beating worse.

"So, the little bitch just thinks she can run?"

"She must be really stupid to do that."

My eyes started to well up with tears. Even though they'd call me names all the time, it still hurt that they did. I just stayed where I was and let them hit me.

It's not like I could do anything to make then stop. When they finally finished, I felt like I was going to die any second. I dragged myself over to the stairs and opened the door. I sat at the top of the stairs and slowly fell off into a deep sleep.

----------------------------------------------

I honestly don't know how old Mandy is in real life so don't judge me. This story also takes place when she doesn't do youtube invade you were wondering. Anyways this is my first time writing a book like this and I hope you enjoy it!

*lanie🎀