Hi?

Mandy☀︎

Blinding light and white lights surrounded me. I was in a hospital. I hate hospitals because I had to watch one of my best friends die from a car crash here. Her name was Allyssa and she was practically my sister. Also keep in mind this all happened when I was like nine or ten so I took it pretty hard.

I remember her last words to me exactyly were, "don't live life missing me, live life remembering all the fun times we had together." I was to he last person she talked to before she died and I felt honored.

Her parents wanted me to say a speech at her funeral and I told everyone what she told me. I probably took her death the hardest mainly because she was there for me when my parents got divorced, and when I met my step mom that I haven't seen in years because she and my dad live in Indiana now.

Thankfully no one was here. I just wanted to be alone. A few minutes after, I was watching the Lego Movie. There was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I yelled not diverting my attention away from the movie. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mahogany.

"Hey Mandy."

"Hey." I replied while pausing the movie.

"So, how did you end up here?"

I hadn't wanted to tell her, but I had to eventually. I trusted her and no she hadn't taken Allyssa's place as my best friend but she was my best friend either way.

I pulled her in for a hug and cried into her shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

I looked up at her with my now bloodshot eyes.

"Taylor, it was all Taylor."

"What do you mean?"

"He bullies me. He hurts me so much that I think I would die. It wasn't only him. Gilinsky, Carter and Matt hurt me to. I thought Jack was my friend but clearly not."

"Why would they do that?"

"I don't know, I've never asked but I've wanted to know why."

"I'm going to go talk to him." She said while getting up.

"No, Mahogany don't," I said while grabbing her arm," you weren't supposed to know because then Taylor said I would die if anyone found out."

"Well if it makes you feel better I got you this." She said while handing me a $50 Starbucks gift card and a cotton candy frap. She knows me so well.

"You know me so well."

"That's what best friends are for."

"Anyway what happened?"

"Well after you got in the ambulance, the hospital called all of us that were still at the hotel and we all came over here as fast as we could. I noticed that Taylor had a smile on his face but I shrugged it off. Anyways they said that nothing major had happened and you could leave tomorrow. They asked if anyone wanted to go in and I saw Taylor about to say something so I cut him off, raised my hand and they led me to your room."

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"Well the Starbucks first off and second saving me from a beating from Taylor."

"No problem also if any of them try to come in here, I'll send one of the others in with them and have them stay there until they leave."

"I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You probably wouldn't survive, now as soon as you get out of here you are going to live with me and buy me Starbucks with that gift card." She said while pointing to the gift card.

"You know you don't have to let me stay at your place."

"Do you want to get beat up by your brother again?"

"No."

"Then it's settled." I hugged her and she told me that she'd send Jack and Shawn in.

"Hey Mandy." Jack said. I ignored him and started talking to Shawn.

"Hey Shawn."

"Hey Mandy."

I saw Jack sit on the couch with a sad look on his face. It's not my fault that I'm here, it's his, Taylor's, Matt's , and Carter's.

"Jack can I help you?"

"Can I talk to you?" I nodded. Shawn was still standing by me.

"Alone."

"I'd rather not."

"Please." I looked at Shawn and nodded. I motioned for him to come closer.

"Tell Mahogany that I sent you out." He nodded and left.

"Alright you've got five minutes and I swear if you lay a finger on me, I will call the nurse and have you removed."

"Slow down speedy."

"Don't joke around okay, you are one of the reasons why I'm here right now."

"Look I'm sorry."

"In case you haven't noticed sorry can't make all of your problems go away and from what you did, you surely didn't seem sorry."

"Well I would've told you why."

"Why what?"

"Why I helped them."

"Be my guest."

"Well after you left, Taylor told me that you didn't want to be my friend and that you were only using me. He also told me that you hated me."

I was shocked at first, but I expected that from Taylor. What I couldn't believe was that Jack believed him.

"I can't believe you." I said while crossing my arms.

"What?"

"That you'd believe him that's what!"

"Mandy calm down."

"Calm down? Calm down? Don't you fucking tell me to calm down, because you know what? I'm not going to! Mahogany!"

I yelled. Mahogany ran into the room and gave Jack a glare.

"Get out." She said demandingly.

"What do you mean get out?"

"Do I look like I'm speaking Spanish? I said get out!"

"Fine! But Mandy just do us all a favor and go die already!" With that he slammed the door. I didn't cry. You're probably thinking what the hell what do you mean you didn't cry? Well if you've heard someone tell you that at least twenty times before, it won't bother you.

"Mandy are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Why aren't you crying?"

"It doesn't bother me." I replied while shrugging at her question.

"You are one strange girl Mandy." She said while shaking her head.

"And that my dear Mahogany is why we are best friends." I said while hugging her.

---------------------------------------------

So I'm back from my Hawaii trip and it was awesome. School is okay, it's not terrible but I still miss my old school that's actually only like 20 minutes from where I live now. That's all for today.

*lanie🎀