Faster!

"Sana!" Chaeyoung called, her voice raising, which was slowly getting even more hoarse. Her breaths slowly got shallow, as she was running her phone started to ring. Mina.

"Mina! She's at the bridge, meet me there!" Chaeyoung screamed out, hanging up, not even listening to what Mina has to say. The young students steps went to a halt as she catches a figure sitting on the edge of the bridge.

Brown hair. Sana?

"Wait! Don't move!" Chaeyoung called and as she got closer to the bridge, her foot stepping onto the stone floor, Sana put her hand up, gesturing the younger student to stop.

"I need time alone." Sana mumbled, her cheeks facing the moonlight, exposing the tear stains. Chaeyoung clenched her fists, her heart beating faster as she sees her own friend on the edge of a bridge, under it filled with rapid water.

"I'm here for you. No matter what, I'll never leave you!" Chaeyoung mumbled out, her tears rolled down non-stop. She didn't bother wiping them away, as she tries to reach a hand out to Sana.

"I'm a burden." Sana mumbled. Her hair acting as a curtain over her eyes. The older girl looked down at her hands, the sound of the rapid water scaring her, "I need to go."

Chaeyoung shook her head instantly, "No you don't. You're not a burden. You never were!" Chaeyoung screamed, throwing her bag to the floor.

Sana glanced at the crying maknae, her own cheeks stained with tears. A bitter smile placed on her face, "Thank you Chaeyoung." Sana slowly stood up, her foot close to the edge of the bridge.

"Sana-" Chaeyoung stepped onto the bridge, running towards the girl who stepped a little closer to the edge, "-Don't!"

Sana's tears started to fall, her foot making a piece of rock fall into the rapid water under. Chaeyoung pushed on her legs, but it seemed as if Sana kept getting farther. Why is she so far-

"SANA DON'T JUMP!" Chaeyoung screamed and another desperate voice had followed, one that both Sana and Chaeyoung recognized.

"SANA!"

Mina.

"CHAEYOUNG!" The desperation in her voice could be heard, which pushed Chaeyoung into overdrive. The short student grunted, ignoring the pain in her legs.

Sana smiled bitterly, letting go of her body. The wind rushing against her face as she feels the water closer. Her foot going weak as she lets gravity grab her body. Sana's last tears rolled down, as she feels herself getting close to the water underneath. I'm sorry Mina. Chaeyoung. Everyone.

"I'm not letting you go."

A voice growled, Sana's eyes opened, her wrist was grabbed just before she fully fell off  the stone bridge. A grunt was let out, followed by a huff as Sana felt herself being thrown back onto the stone bridge. All the voices from incoming watchers were disoriented.

Sana looked up at the edge of the bridge and saw a short figure take her place, "Min-"

Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung! Sana was about to reach out when she saw a figure walk in front of her. Mina's tears fell down her tears effortlessly as she tried to grab onto Chaeyoung's wrist.

But it all happened to fast.

Chaeyoung had grabbed onto Sana's wrist before she fell, pulling her back but in exchange, taking Sana's place. Mina grunted as she tried to grab Chaeyoung's hand, only to catch a glimpse of the short girls guilty eyes, "I'm sorry Mina." Is all she heard, Mina's fingers brushing against the younger girls hand, before she heard a splash.

Mina's eyes widened in shock and so did everyone else. Her eyes slowly watched as she sees Chaeyoung fall into the water. Her bag was laying on the floor without its owner.

She jumped.

Chaeyoung's gone.

All of the noises around Mina became a muffled scream as she let the tears fall. The girl she had hurt for so long, was gone. As if on instinct, Mina tried to jump in hoping to save Chaeyoung but arms wrapped around her.

"Mina don't-" Sana cried, her tears staining Mina's shirt. The latter's mouth gaped, her knees melting underneath her.

"Help-" Mina called, looking at the people around her, desperate look on her eyes, "-someone, help!" Sana restrained Mina, hoping to calm her.

I can't lose her.

I can't lose Chaeyoung.

Not again.

Mina tried to move, her thought process was everywhere. Sana walked in front of her, tightly wrapping her arms around Mina. "Sa-" Mina sobbed, her tears staining her cheeks. She could hear the sirens blaring from afar, the people shouting to look for Chaeyoung.

She's gone.

Mina grip around Sana's shirt tightened as she couldn't stop the tears from coming. "I can't lose her-" Mina cried, making Sana tightened her hug around the weakened student.

Mina's vision went blurry, her thoughts going back to Chaeyoung's smile. The smile that she may not see again.

You can't leave me Chaeyoung.

I still need to tell you.

Please don't leave, not again.

I need you more than anything else.

I love you.

::

🐧🐯