Two

At the end of the day, Elpis didn't get any work done. Especially the resort for calrk's wedding, though they managed to find few resorts, they are yet to contact.
Locking the medium sized apartment they used as office, which her brother gifted she walked down towards the car parking. "Hey elps" she stopped and spotted Tony, their apartment neighbor. The typical guy next door. "Hey Toni" the smile was natural and her face muscles relaxed for once in the whole day. "Was wondering when I would get to see you." He has a boyish grin.

"I'm standing right in front of you Tony" she answered feeling his eyes roaming her body. This is new, Tony has never looked at her this way before. May be it's because they never met alone. "Yes yes I think I'm quite lucky to catch you alone" with a wink he went on, "Are you free this Saturday? Maybe we can hangout  in the coffee shop next street. They have the best coffees and pastries." It was a harmless request, sounded like a friend who wanted to hang out, but the way he looked at her earlier, Elpis wasn't sure.

"I'm not sure Tony, there is lot to be done. I'll let you know later. Bye." With that she went to her car and didn't stop till she reached her home. Her sanctuary. Her heaven. Living alone from 18, she got the house she always pictured herself in. A quaint one story house, with picket fence and a garden in front. In a decent neighbourhood. The price was not too high as it was her friend who sold it. With little remodelling it became her best dream house.

Parking the car she unlocked her door, and went straight to the staircase as it leads to her bedroom, which takes the entire floor. Deciding to take a much deserving hot shower, she did her business in bathroom with music system on.

Lying on the soft fluffy bed all she wanted to do was sleep, but know that she has much work to do, so she switched on her laptop going through the resorts they short listed for Clark's.

There was totally five resorts, and three met their expectations, a banquet hall, private beach for marriage ceremony. And two separate party halls for bachelorette party for groom and bride. They need all the three booked. And their guest list expected atleast 50 families to attend the wedding. Quite a big family, with their relatives scrattred all over the world. They will need mostly all the rooms in the resort to accommodate the guests. What pissed Elpis was the fact, that even those three resort met their expectations, their budget didn't agree with those. She needed to finalise resort to further proceed with catering, decorations, party arrangements.

As future Mrs.clark, Henrita Louis is her friend, she wanted Elpis to organise her wedding. And as she was marrying a big shot businessman, the marriage is important for Elpis to establish herself in the business. She needed it.

"Ugh times like these" muttering to herself, she decided to take a look in the kitchen for dinner.

Seeing her neighbors a lovely couple on their garden, Elpis decided to join them, it's not the first time she's joining them and it won't be the last.

"Hey guys" Jordan was the first to notive Elpis walking towards them. "Hey sweetie, how was your day?" He always had that sweet charming smile and warm and calm aura around him. "Just another hectic day." "If something is called as 'work' then the task can never be easily done. What is it that's bothering you elp." It was Ralph. The lovely couples next door. "My big project looks like it's going to my last." As a good person, Jordan was next to her in an instant, "what is it that's giving my sweetie trouble?" Ever since she came here they literally adopted her as theirs, Jordan a obvious mother hen and Ralph a cool father figure. They were her family in her place. "I couldn't find another resort for Clark's wedding and our usual one is under restructuring" she said with a sad sigh. "Don't worry there are plenty of resorts in the city, you'll surely find one" "that's the problem Joe, those are either not fitting my demand or too far for my budget." Head in hands she didn't know what to do.

"Umm I have a friend who started his own resort few months back, it's not famous but it's a good one. We've been there once." Ralph said giving Elpis a reassuring smile. "Ral are you saying....." "yes sweet heart I can talk with him for you, let me know the dates and I'll make calls." Elpis couldn't describe how thankful she felt for these pillars of her life sitting here, doing whatever it takes to help her. "Oh my god thank you so much Ral. You don't know how thankful I'm" she hugged Joe and Ral. "Oh I didn't even do anything yet." She could feel the smile in Ral's voice, "you're willing to call Ral that's a big thing." "Now don't go all stranger on me Els give me the dates, I'll let you know tomorrow." With a greatful smile she said "the marriage is to be held in three months, 10th, 11th and 12th." "Three days?!" The way Joe face looked was funny, who wouldn't have that face when they hear a marriage for three days. "Yes joe it's literally a festival. That's why it's important to me".

"Don't worry I'll make sure Ral contact this resort person" joe gave reassuring smile and started preparing dinner.

That night, sitting on her balcony she wished to stars that she should be able to make Clark's fairy tale wedding dream a reality. With a smile and hope that starts will always grant her wish, she went to bed unknown of what those stars had in store for her.

Hey guys,
Thank you for reading my work. As I said earlier comments and feedback's are welcome. Please don't hesitate to drop your comments in book or through DM. I really need your support. Thanks again. Have a great day, keep smiling 😀😄