Chapter 11: Second Chances

Shivaay:"Annika..there's something I wanted to ask you since long..."

Annika nodded...

Shivaay:"I know I'm in no place to ask anything from you but can you please give this chance to me....to at least try to make everything right...?"

Ok what was Shivaay going to ask that required so much build up...?

Annika:"Bolo...but I can't promise without listening what it is..."

"All I'm asking from you is a truce Annika....an understanding...."

Shivaay asked Annika lifting his hand towards her uncertainly in a gesture of truce...

Annika's eyes met his kanji eyes that were reflecting hope.....She sighed....

She had really acted like a spoilt brat....deliberately hurting Shivaay knowing that he was repenting for what he had done when he was blinded by rage and fear of losing his sister...

He had tried his best to clear the misconceptions of her chawl wale...and somehow silenced Chachi...

He had put his own life in danger trying to save her from goons....and came to give her the recommendation letter so as to apply for the job...And also got back Nikhil for her....thinking her happiness was with Nikhil...

Shivaay has done so much to rectify his mistakes....

"Maybe I should meet him halfway too...to release him from the burden of guilt he is carrying...."

"Maybe I shouldn't judge Shivaay for what he did that day...Maybe I should give him a chance...after all she was at fault too...if i had exposed Daksh at the first chance i got all this wouldn't have happened..."

She thought to herself...

"Dont you go making excuses for him..."

Her mind screamed at her...And that made Annika hesitate...

And she watched the Ray of hope in Shivaay's eyes leave , replaced by sadness as he took back his hand thinking Annika didn't want to have a truce with him..

Annika:"No....I..."

She intertwined Shivaay's hands with hers....She saw his face lighten up like thousand stars...as he looked at their joined hands....like this meant a lot to him...

Annika:"I agree with you Shivaay...Maybe it's time to call a ceasefire....a truce..."

Shivaay beamed...

Shivika smiled at each other....

*********

"I don't remember being to a beach ever..."

Shivaay said looking fascinated at the sea as they walked through the beach a few minutes later....

Annika:"Woah really...?"

She asked Surprised by the excitement and innocence she was seeing in Shivaay..

Shivaay Singh Oberoi was really an enigma...One she couldn't figure out at all....

He was saurangi....it fascinated her how his shades changed every other second....

Shivaay:"Yeah for business meetings yes...par for simply enjoying the sunset ...never..."