Instantaneous Connection

"Ugh great, I have to sit next to someone. Hope it isn't some spazz..." Katie thought to herself. It just made her skin crawl having to sit next to an actual person. Not because she hated people, but because she had never interacted with one besides her mom and dad for such a long time.

But she instantly regretted thinking that thought when she saw who had to sit next to her.

"Hes so..." Katie started to think, "cute. I wonder if he has a girlfriend? Does he feel the same way? Well probably not because we haven't even formally met yet..."

All these thoughts started to form in Katie's mind. She couldn't stop thinking about his deep ocean blue eyes that she could get lost in forever. His body was sculpted so perfectly. His cute shy smile that lit up the room. He was so....

Perfect.

Wait a second.

This couldn't be happening. Katie couldn't be, no just so inappropriate especially on her first day of actual school. Katie was... attracted to this tall individual. She felt her face turning hot and a very bright pink. A nervous smile crept onto her face. She looked down and pushed her brother's glasses up to hide her face.

"Alright I'm going to start to take attendance. So if I pronounce your name wrong then please correct me."

The teacher stating that it's time to take roll. Now Katie could know the name of the beautiful stranger sitting next to her.

He went down the list of names until he got to... her.

Lance was finally gonna know her name. The mysterious, beautiful stranger sitting next to him had started looking down as if she was trying to hide something.

"Katie Holt?" The teacher cried out while looking around the room.

"Here."

Lance's goofy smile got bigger and brighter once he heard that. "Katie..." Lance thought. "Such a gracefully name. Everytime I hear that, my heart will do a million back flips. Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl." He was head over heels in love.

"LANCE MCCLAIN!" The teacher shouted for the umpteenth time.

"Huh? Oh um, here!" Lance stammared. He was lost in his thoughts. Must have not been paying attention to what was going on.

"Lance? That's his name? Such originality, so unique. So much to love about his name." Katie thought to herself. She was actually appreciating that she was forced to go to school.

"Ok so now we're going to do some icebreakers." The teacher started. "So talk to the person sitting next to you and say your name, your birthday, and something interesting about yourself."

Lance was sitting next to Katie. Katie was sitting next to Lance. This couldn't get any better. And now they had the opportunity to speak to each other? Oh man how convenient was this?

"I'll go first." Said Lance. "So my name is Lance, my birthday is July 28th, and I love to draw in my spare time."

It was hard for Katie to talk to Lance. Her face was fierce red when she tried to work up the courage to talk to Lance.

"Okay I'll just pretend like hes in his underwear." Katie thought. She figured it'd be easier for her to focus on the speaking if it was him in an uncomfortable situation. She imagined him in his underwear and... let's just say her plan didn't go as she thought it would.

"OH MY GOD HE'S HOT!" Katie thought. That was a horrible idea.

"Hey um, are you okay?" Lance asked concerned with a sweet, soft smile.

"Um, yeah I'm fine..." Katie replied.

"Well it is your turn to share, Katie."

"Yeah right. So my names Katie, my birthday is April 3rd, and I like to play video games and work on computer tech kind of stuff in my free time." That was legitimately the hardest thing Katie ever had to do. She was sweating like a pig and her face was read as a beet.

"Wow computer tech that sounds coo-" Lance stopped for a second. He noticed her blushing and sweating. "Hey you look hot. Do you need my fan? I keep one in my back pack just in case."

Katie looked at Lance for a second. "Did you just say... that I look hot?"

Now it was Lance's turn to blush. Well of course he thought she looked hot. She was just so... perfect. But he couldn't have her knowing that.

"W-Well, yeah you're sweating and everything. I just wanna make sure your cute self doesn't get overheated."

Aw crap... he said she was cute. His secret was totally out now.

"Cute? Did I saw cute? I meant cuz you're short. Ya know, kinda cute?"

"Oh yeah, I guess so." Katie replied with a sigh.

Lance pulled out his fan and handed it to her. She turned it on and pointed it towards her direction.

"So much for a first impression." Lance thought.

Eventually lunch time rolled around and Lance and Hunk were sitting together. The tradition lives on. Lance was looking down at his cafeteria pizza like the whole world had just ended. Well, in his eyes, it kind of did. He ruined his first impression with Katie and now she must think he's a weirdo.

"Lance, what's wrong? You've barely touched your pizza. YOU LOVE PIZZA! I know there's something wrong if you dont even want to eat pizza." Hunk said with concern in his eyes trying to comfort his best friend.

"Nothing hunk," Lance replied. "Its just that... I'm an idiot okay?"

"Highschool stress getting to you?"

"No it's not that. You know that girl I was gawking at this morning?"

"Who katie?"

"Yeah, I think I blew it with her."

"Well how can you be for sure?"

"I'm not sure just a gut feeling."

"Well there she is over there at the table all alone. Why don't you go up and talk to her?"

"Are you crazy? She probably hates me!"

"Well either take your chances or be a wimp and never do it.

"You're a hardass you know that?"

"That's why we're best friends."

Lance stood up. Inhale and exhale. "Okay let's do this." Lance made a proud walk towards the table Katie was sitting at.

Suddenly, he was stopped by a grab to the back of the collar.

"Kieth." Lance stated.