3. You Better Become A Stripper

Start from the beginning

Grinning, he stops the car. "We're here goof, get out."

"Shit, I hate New York traffic. I'm so late. No, Jace, I can't go in now, oh my God."

"Come on," he rolls his eyes and gets out of the car. I see him walk to my side and open the door. Grabbing my hand, he leads me into the building immediately. "You rather miss your first day of work and be fired immediately?"

"Mr. Castillo! I did not know you would be coming in today. Would you like to speak to someone?" A middle aged man asked pleasantly beside the card scanner.

"Fred," Jace laughed, "I told you before, I don't need a manager. I can handle myself fine. But, I do have a... friend who will start working here today. Fred, this is Lacy."

"Hello," I smile at him, shaking his hand. I pull out the card given in my employee package for him to look at my identification before scanning it.

"In you go, miss. And of course, Mr. Castillo. I do hope you enjoy your day Ms..."

"Wells, Lacy Wells, but just call me Lace or Lacey." We smile at each other before he gestures to the gate and moves us along.

"So Lace, huh?" Jace brings up amusingly as we ride up the elevator.

"For people worth being friends with,"

"What about me?"

My breathe catches in my throat as I turn to look at him. There's a long silence and finally the elevator doors open to the top floor.

"We're here," he clears his throat awkwardly and walk in without me. Trailing silently, I follow him to the front counter.

The receptionist, tall, blonde, and beautiful, widens her eyes before quickly recovering with a flirty smile. Typical.

"For Ms. Ronda," Jace says coldly without looking at her. He walks in before she can reply and I scurry after him.

"That was awkward," I comment cautiously.

"Slept with her, but she's clingy as heck," he laughs, the elevator moment forgotten, "Sometimes they need the cold shoulder to take the hint. Not like she has though,"

"Oh God, I hope to dear Lord you won't bring random-"

"Ms. Wells, I presume?" A hard voice says behind us.

Shit.

I turn around and see Mandy Ronda staring back at me. Although she isn't young anymore, her beauty stuck with her with short, stylish brown hair and a classy blue dress that hugged her well maintained figure. Her heels a matching shade, and she was holding up a pen in a cigarette like fashion.

"Hello Ms. Ronda, I know I'm late but-"

"Tardiness is simply not tolerated, especially seeing how you seem in no rush to come report to me. There is no reason why I shouldn't fire you immediately on the spot."

"I-"

"Mandy, she's a friend of mine," Jace cuts me off, stepping in front of me. "On my behalf, please,"

"Right, after how rudely you declined our proposal to manage you, I really should run my company based on your behalf." She scoffed.

"Considering I could buy your company and give it to this inexperienced nineteen year old to run, yes actually." Jace nods stiffly and I see her glare harden.

"Ronda Management is a highly respected-"

"I know Mandy, which is why I prefer not to have to spend my money taking it from you. Please, just cut Lacy some slack. You do know how New York City's traffic is like. Remember that day when Lisa Montan fired you in front of everyone at New York Fashion Week simply because you were late due to an accident? Broke your foot, but still tried to limp your way over-"