consolation

[daggers - part two]
[3rd]

    She stared at the bare room, thoughts flooding into her head.

    She never thought she would step foot in Grimmauld Place 12 again. Never did she think the day would come when it became headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix, when the Black Family were known supporters of Voldemort. But since Walburga Black died, Sirius had inherited the house, being the eldest Black, and he had immediately volunteered the house, which had heavy protection, to the Order when Dumbledore asked for a headquarters.

    She had no quarrel with Sirius Black. In her opinion he wasn't a bad person. He was outspoken and loyal to his cause and his friends. Regulus had told her once that he was a good brother to Regulus once- until he had called James his brother in front of his own brother accidentally. But for some reason, he seemed to hate her. He had caused her first panic attack, and he had taunted and teased her countless times. The only person he seemed to hate more than her was Severus Snape.

    But when Dumbledore got hold of a prophecy stating a child born at the end of July would vanquish the Dark Lord and Lily's child was possibly said child, when Lily made her move out so she wouldn't be put in danger, Sirius immediately insisted her stay in Grimmauld Place and had even given her a room. She couldn't comprehend his actions- did he hate her, or not?

    Her problem, however, wasn't with the room. It was with the memories this room was associated with. She remembered the only time she had visited this place. She never realized until later how blissful and full of happiness those times were, and she longed for those times now, those carefree, innocent times.

    She left her room, and walked down the corridor. Sirius rarely came over, as "it was too full of memories", so she often only had the house elf, Kreacher, for company. At first Kreacher had disliked her, but after she mentioned her name his attitude changed completely and told her that 'Master Regulus' often spoke highly of her. Since then Kreacher had been nothing but loyal towards her, and was as good as a friend as Regulus had once described.

    She reached the end of the corridor, and came across two doors.

    One was labeled 'Sirius Orion Black', and she knew this was Sirius' room. She dared not enter, respecting his privacy.

    The other was labeled with his name. She stared at the nameplate on the door.

Do Not Enter
Without the Express Permission of
Regulus Arcturus Black

    She hesitated, but ultimately pushed the door open, ignoring the sign and the voice at the back of her head nagging at her not to do it.

    It had changed so much since she had last walked into this room. Last time, it had been the room of the real him, with photos of his family and friends hanging on the pale green walls, books lining the polished wooden shelves along one wall. Now, it was painted a dark green, with black curtains, and black sashes hanging from the ceiling. It gave an eerie, dark vibe, and she shivered.

    She had always known about the pressure the young Black carried, what with being the golden child, forced into evil because his parents were too cowardly to do so. She just wished there was something- something she could do for him. She would give her own life to ensure he would stay alive until the end of the war. He would live to see the tomorrow she would definitely not survive to see.

    She wished she could be by his side then. She was well aware of the dangers lurking within the ranks of Death Eaters, and she worried so much about him. She loved him, so much, and as much as it broke her, she still loved, she still loved and cared about him, and her now daily panic attacks only consisted of nightmares of the two. He had taught her true love- to love another unconditionally, the first time she had known love itself, and now without him she still placed all her trust and care in him, still loved him with all her heart. Nothing could ever change that.