first sight

[daggers - part one]
[3rd]

    Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry was always mysterious and beautiful beyond belief. Whether it was the enchanted ceiling of the great hall, or the grounds covered in layers and layers of white, cold 'frosting', it was always fascinating. Which was why she found herself staring out at the window at 5 in the morning.

    She was just starting her 2nd month at Hogwarts, but she had not had a moment of peace since the school year started, for the pranksters of the school had taken interest in her.

    The Marauders.

    It actually wasn't surprising, considering that she'd known James Potter for a long time and he was like a brother to her, but they frustratingly tried to annoy her at all times, and they always succeeded. She had never seen this side of her friend, and she was a little hurt that her friend would do such a thing, as he knew that she liked her alone time. It was like being sorted into Ravenclaw meant losing her best friend forever.

    But not everything was bad. For instance, she had made a new friend in Lily Evans, who was Gryffindor, but was the smartest girl she knew. But she had no one else, and while she was lonely, it meant that she could have some peace and quiet when she wanted to, as Lily was much more understanding than anyone had ever been to her.

    She got up from the window seat and wandered around the campus. The delicate architecture never failed to amaze and inspire her, as she loved architecture. She walked along the corridors, silently appreciating the beauty of the carvings on the wall, on the statues, the pillars, whilst admiring the wonderful nature.

    Then she saw him.

    At first she thought it was Sirius, James' best mate, sidekick, or whatever, who annoyed her to no end. Her first instinct was to run, but then he turned and she saw that though they looked similar, it wasn't Sirius.

    Her first impression of him would always be his eyes, the swirling silver and dark blue, like it contained so much, like the galaxy, and she loved it-was fascinated by it. But what imprinted on her the most was the pain and suffering instilled in those orbs.

    She knew that look.

    It was the one look she always had, that she knew so badly. It was the look in her eyes when her mistress bounded her and beat her and carved into her with that silver dagger, every insult hitting her just as worse as the dagger. A pain she would never wish on another. A haunting in the eyes that would never go away, carved into the back of the mind, thristing for trust that she knew would be impossible to find.

    She knew, at first glance, that he also recognized the weathering of the years on her. She had no choice but to join the boy, sitting in the courtyard as the sun rose.

    They sat together for a while, before the boy broke the silence.

    "You too?"

    She didn't need to think to know what he was talking about. "My mistress. You?"

    He tensed. "Family problems."

    "Ah."

    Silence resumed between them, both deep in thought. This time, she spoke first.

    "I don't know anything about you, and I'm not asking you to tell me anything, but I understand."

    The boy looked at her, wide-eyed. "You do?"

     The smile on her face, small but comforting, said it all. "I do."

.
.
.
.
.