23 ~ Baby Bracelet

Start from the beginning

Tumalon-talon ang anak nila sa sobrang kasiyahan. It's obvious that the bracelet is so important to him. He looks really happy like what he said.

"W-Was it from his mother?" She whisper, even that the answer is obvious.

Drake kiss the side of her head then he nod.

"I guessed, yes. It was on his right wrist that day. Locked and secured."

Kung bakit ay parang gusto niyang umiyak sa mga sandaling iyon. Ang saya-saya ni Blake, nakakaiyak nang panoorin. Parang sasabog ang puso niya sa hindi maipaliwanag na ligaw na damdamin.

Nawalan siya ng anak. Ano kaya ang naramdaman ng ina ni Blake nang iwan nito ang bata kay Drake?

Habang iniisip niya iyon ay patuloy sa pagtibok ang puso niya sa mahapdi na paraan. Why her heart needs to beat like that? She's very affected.

Kinailangan niya pang alisin ang bara sa lalamunan niya bago nakapagsalita ulit.

"He's really happy... he really treasure that bracelet."

"Yes, he was crying for how many days when he lost it. It's very important for us. That's the only thing his mother left for him."

"I'm...I am happy for him, he found it again." Her lips form a small smile while watching Blake's studying every part of his baby bracelet. "We should throw a party on his birthday, Drake. When is it again?"

"Next week, love. Let's ask him what he wanted for his birthday... Blake come here." Tawag nito sa anak.

"N-Next week?" Napaalis siya sa pagkakayakap kay Drake.

Nagtataka siya nitong binalingan.

"Yes,"

"When exactly is his date of birth?"

"April 18, mommy ko." Blake answered and smile widely. "It's my 5th birthday po! Yey! Malapit na akong mag five! I'm really big na!"

Tumalon-talon ang anak habang siya ay parang nanghihina. Nahihilo at gusto ng bumigay ang katawan.

"What's wrong?" Drake asked worriedly, watching her as if she's soon to faint.

"It...it's the 5th death anniversary of our s-son." She whispered weakly, almost breaking down. "W-Why it needs to be like that..."

"I-I don't know love." Kahit si Drake ay halatang nagulat at naguluhan.

"P-Paano mong nalaman 'yon? B-Bakit pareho sila?"

Naghahalo na ang kaguluhan sa kanya at pag-asa...pag-asang sana si Blake nalang ang anak niya pero malabo talaga lalo alam niya ang nangyari.

"T-That was the day I found him outside my gate. And when I brought him to doctor to check him, she said that he's one day old or two. May mga bahid pa siya ng kaunting dugo ng araw na 'yon. And he still had a clip on his navel to protect it."

Drake eyes drifted on their son who's busy staring at his baby bracelet. Blake's laying on the sun lounger next to them.

"He was so soft and very fragile that it was so hard for me to carry him, I was afraid that I might broke him. And when he started crying as if he was waiting for me to carry him...my heart melted unexpectedly. My heart beat so loud to my surprise." Drake clear his drying throat. . "That's when I realized that he's really mine. Anak ko siya...sa akin siya."

Alexza's head was spinning while listening to him. She could almost seen a blurred unfamiliar scenarios that flashing her mind, but it was very hard for her to make the image cleared. Kapag pinipilit niya, mas lalong hindi niya naaalala. She better keep it that way and let those scenarios comes naturally and unexpectedly.