one; you'll never be a god

S P A C E

S P A C E

This is the Asgardian Refuge Vessel Statesman... we are under assault, I repeat we are under assault... Engines are dead. Life support failing. Requesting aid from any vessel within range. Our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here. This is not a Warcraft. I repeat, this is not a Warcraft.

In space near the now forgotten Asgard, a ship three times the size of the destroyed Asgardian vessel moves towards the ship. Amongst the burning of the ship Heimdall shifts amongst the rubble.

"Hear me... and rejoice. You have had the privilege, of being saved by the great Titan." A pair of boots walk past his vision and he groans in pain. "You may think this is suffering- no, it is salvation." The man turns and Heimdall sees a man with a very strange face. He had no nose and had a look of permanent disgust. "Smile. For even in death, you have become children of Thanos."

Loki eyes the man as he walks past, a blank look on his face. He looked at the ground before his gaze moved to the back of the Titan they were speaking if.

"I know what it's like to lose." Thanos spoke, turning around to face Loki. "Feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, none the less." Thanos paused before crouching down and picking up Thor by his armor, who groaned slightly. "It's frightening, turns the legs to jelly." He slowly stalked towards Loki, who was staring directly at him with a slightly panicked look that he hid well.

"If I ask you to what end... Dread it, run from it. Destiny arrives all the same." Loki side eyed the weapons aiming at him from all directions. "And now, it's here. Or should I say... I am." Thanos continued, closing his fist and making the power stone glow as he used the power.

He gripped Thor's head in his gigantic fists, bringing it up to face Loki. "You talk to much." Thor chokes out with blood dripping from his lips. Loki looked from Thanos to Thor.

"The tesseract. Or, your brothers head." Thanos suddenly brought the gauntlet even closer to Thors head. One of the aliens smirked.

"I assume you have a preference." Thanos told Loki, much to the amusement of his children.

"Oh I do. Kill away." Loki told him. Thanos instantly brought the power stone to Thors head.

Loki kept a blank face that slowly contorted into one of pain as his brothers cries continued. Thanos glared at Loki and gripped Thor tighter than before. Loki started shaking before he burst out, "Alright stop!"

Thanos took the stone away and Loki breathed a sigh of relief. "We don't have the tesseract." Thor panted. "It was destroyed on Asgard." He finished. Loki shot Thor a look before looking back at Thanos and holding his hand up in the air, the tesseract forming from the air in his palm. Thanos grinned at the sight.

"You... really are the worst brother." Thor glared at the tesseract. Loki stepped towards Thanos, looking down at Thor once he got closer.