10

All those days

Watching from the windows

All those years, outside looking in

All that time, never even knowing

Just how blind I've been

Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight

Now I'm here, suddenly I see

Standing here it's all so clear

I'm where I'm meant to be

And at last I see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted

And at last I see the light, and it's like the sky is new

And it's warm and real and bright

And the world has somehow shifted

All at once, everything looks different

Now that I see you

Annabeth's POV:

The lights appear in the sky as if created out of thin air by magic. Blinking in awe, I watch the lights, leaning over the side of the boat. It almost doesn't seem real. Everything is finally coming together, everything seems to be making sense.

"Percy?" I ask, noticing his far-off look.

His eyes blink back to mine. "Yes?"

Something is off. No, Annabeth, I think shaking my head, you're being paranoid. I take in a deep breath and take out the crown, its gold surface reflecting the lanterns. "I've brought this along with us, and I er, I thought that uh," I stutter, embarrassment and worry filling me. "That maybe this wasn't the reason you were helping me anymore, so I thought it was only fair."

When I place the crown into his hand, I can't help but notice him tense up. But something I can't put a finger on changes inside of him. "You're right, you're the reason. I haven't felt what I feel with you in a long time, Annabeth. I love your intelligence, the way you blink twice every time you can't figure something out, the way you hold yourself," He tucks a strand of blonde curly hair behind my ear. "And the flaws that make you human."

I feel water glaze over my eyes and I fight back from swallowing, squeezing his hand. "Thank you, Seaweed Brain."

"Anytime, Wise Girl," He says, grabbing a paddle from the side. "Now, let's go eat something, I'm starving."

I laugh, crossing my arms, Pascal perched on my shoulder. "You're always hungry."

"Not always a bad thing."

I roll my eyes and watch as we pull up to the side of the dock in a flash. I watch as he ties the rope before he pulls me out of the tiny boat. But before I can even open my mouth, his eyes darken, and he says, "I just need to use the restroom."

***

"That's the last I saw him," I tell a fellow teen girl friend I made in the village.

She nods, contemplating, the wheels turning in her head. "You don't think he was kidnapped, do you?" Emily asks, fixing her dark brown hair it looks black.

Fear flashes inside of me. "I'm not sure, I-" Stopping mid-sentence, I spot Percy running towards us, the crown in his palm. Standing up, I say, "Percy!"

"Anna-" He's then tackled to the ground by a group of guards. I cry out, running towards them, Emily hot on my heels.

"What are you doing? He didn't do anything!" I screech, trying to pull them off of him.

The one guard turns to me, "That's where you are wrong. He was spotted making a break for it with the two thugs who stole the crown in the first place." My eyes flicker to Percy's sunken ones.

I'm almost sure everyone in the entire kingdom could hear my heart shattering to the ground, pieces dropping in a clattering smash. 

HEYA! I am so terribly sorry for not updating in like a week. You see, when I got home from camping, I didn't have much time. I had rehab and sweet 16 b-day parties this weekend, etc. 

Anyway! Today is my amazing friend, Emily's coopz44  , birthday today and I decided to include her in the story today because of this special happening. So, let's all sing happy birthday shall we? 

Happy birthday to you 

Happy birthday dear EMILYYYYYYYYYY

Happy birthday to youuuuuuuu

Hope you all have an AMAZHANG week and all. Goodnight/morning wherever you are! - The Fangirl 

p.s.- Percy's POV on this will explain E V E R Y T H I N G, I promise. Really excited for you guys to read it. 

Disclaimer: I do not own PJO or HoO. I do not own Rapunzel. I do not own these characters.