She keeps telling me how bad it was going for my father's company if I didn't marry Kaden. She told me how much we needed Kaden, my husband.

"You can't be selfish, Maya.Your father'swork can't be ruined before you wouldn't give this man a chance."

And like a little girl I listened to her. I always did.

Just then I heard the front door open and slam shut. It was not long before my mother, Camilla, made an appearance with a radiant smile on her face. She always acted so calm and happy, as if she would be able to stop the sky if it was falling.

She looked at me. Her caramel skin glowing and her straightened hair looked soft and silky. Her cream-colored dress matched her heels as she walked closer to us.

"Great. You're already here. Let's go". She said and I nodded standing up.

Christine came to my father's side like she always did. She smiled at me warmly and I returned her smile.

"I'll see you later dad". I said softly kissing his forehead.

His skin, once warm was always cold now.

I nodded at Christine, knowing that she will take good care of him and followed my mother out of the room.

"How is your husband?" She asked as we walked in the dining room.

"He's fine. And I'm fine too mom. Thanks for asking." I said quietly taking a seat and she followed.

"I hope you're being a good to him." She replied ignoring my statement.

I licked my lips before looking at her. "I am doing my best."

She looked at me disapprovingly. "You have to do more that. Don't forget that he is our future. If you want to assure that your father and I have a good future, you can't go against him". She said making me clench my jaw lightly.

"You have to be good. You have to know how to be patient and understanding. You can't just be throwing tantrums. Don't be selfish Maya. You're not a child anymore."

Here it is again.

I looked at her. "He hits me". I said, my voice shaking a little.

She looked at me for a moment looking a little taken aback, before shaking her eyes at me. "What did you do to anger? You should stop. He is a very collected man who knows how to control his temper".

"What?" I looked at her in disbelief.

"Sweetheart." She sighed placing her hand on my cheek softly. "You have only been married for four months and it's hard sometimes." She said moving her hand away.

I clenched my teeth as my eyes started watering in frustration at her words. "I don't want to be with him."

"You think you can afford to lose him. Don't forget that he is paying for your father's treatment. He is the one who making sure that your father's business doesn't fall." She snapped. "If you leave him. Your father and everything else will be lost."

"Mom". I said lightly. "You don't understand. He is n-".

"No, you don't understand. If you leave him. We'll lose everything." She said standing up.

I watched her walk way and tears silently start coming out of my eyes. I wiped them away, slowly standing up playing with one of my curls slowly. I took my purse and went back to my father's room.

I walked back in my father's room forcing a smile on my face.

"Dad." I smiled walking in. "I have to go." I said walking up to him and kneeling in front of him.