7

Your POV

After my 'confrontation' with Camila, we basically haven't talked since. I honestly don't even know what it was, it just went from me trying to reason her to us yelling at each other and her storming away.

About a month has passed by since then and I have completely no clue how she's doing. I mean, I've seen her around and stuff, but every time I tried to speak to her, these... bunch of annoying friends of hers would just send me away. I don't know how this is any of their concerns, but they just... it's like they're building this blockade to separate Camila from me. She probably told them to do so, but still. What's even the matter with her?

Okay, so first she... kissed me out of nowhere. Then she started acting sensitive over everything I say. After that was the screaming match in the cafeteria. And now she's avoiding me at all cost.

Yeah, my best friend's weird and would sometimes do things that are unreasonable or unexplainable, but this is at the top of the list, for sure. Like, Camila can be really stubborn and put love above of everything, but this time, it's... I don't even know. It's like she's so blinded by it that she just wants to numb everything away to focus on it.

-

I was reading a book when my phone suddenly lit up with a notification about a new text.

Mila: can you come over please?

You: Its late and tomorrows a school day

I didn't see her typing a reply, so I thought she just dropped her request. A few seconds later, the phone in my hand buzzed with an incoming call. I sighed before picking it up. "Hey."

"Please..." Her voice cracked on the other side of the phone, "Y/N..."

"I--"

"Please, I need you right now." The ragged breathing confirmed my assumption that she's crying. I don't know what happened, but my first guess goes to something with Josh or Noah.

"Alright. I'll come over."

Since everyone's arrived home, I can use our family car, which made the ride to her's two times faster than with the train. Arriving at the Cabello's household, I rang the doorbell and seconds later, the front door flung open and I got engulfed in a tight hug by Camila.

Eventually, she let go of me and led me up the stairs to her room. Feeling slightly estranged from her after not talking for over a month, I decided to sit on desk chair instead of her bed.

She was the first one to break the silence, "I'm sorry about the last time we spoke."

"I am sorry too... but tell me what happened?"

"You were right. It really was Noah's idea... A few days ago, after Josh and I have... you know... he entered the room and... he..." she looked down on her lap. It seemed like she's close to tears again.

I quietly wheeled my way over to her with the chair and took her hands away from her face, with my other hand, I used the pad of my thumb to wipe away her tears. "Did they force you into anything?" If anything, she looked ashamed right now, not hurt. But I still gotta make sure.

She shook her head, making me sigh out in relief. "Shouldn't this be the cue for you to say 'I told you so'?"

"You're my best friend, I wouldn't want anything shitty to happen to you"

She chewed on her bottom lip. "I..."

I looked at her expectingly, but she just didn't finish whatever she was going to say. She slowly shifted her gaze from my eyes to the floor and shook her head.