Chapter 23

(Jade POV)
I woke up from my sleep, and sat up abruptly. I needed to get out of here; I felt closed in, trapped. I looked around, seeing sarah and Niamh cuddled up together, I bit my lip, biting back a sob.

Jumping up, I sped off into the deep parts of the woods. I sat down with my back to the tree, and wiped away my tears.

"Horrible isn't it, to have someone betray you." A familiar female voice spoke from the other side of the tree.

"Who are you?" I called out, darting around the other side of the tree in, to find nobody there. "Where are you?"

"Ah, questions questions." The voice spoke again, seeming to come from above me this time. "Questions have no matter. What matters, is that you, you filthy half breed, know that your sisters are going to die tonight."

With that, there was a flash of pure darkness and the woods were silent once again. Glancing up at the tree, it seemed to be turning black as if it had been poisoned. Weird. I will get Niamh to look at it in the morning; she always did have a thing for nature. Suddenly my mind snapped back into focus. My sisters-that stupid voice said they were going to die. No, they will not. They are all I have left now.

Panicking, I bolted back to the clearing, only to find dark vampires everywhere. Not this again. I groaned inwardly. Scanning the clearing once again, I saw Niamh and Sarah backed up against a tree, rope securing them. The tree itself was smoking and burning, probably the vamps doing. Shane and Jonas were being held in place, being made to watch as their beloveds were burnt to death. Both were fighting furiously, but the vampires were just too many in number.

Screaming in fury, I ran towards them. Snatching out my two silver daggers, I cut down any vampires who dared to walk in my path. Making a beeline for the now fully burning tree, I leapt into the air and landed on it. As I am a fire elemental, I kind of knew, or I hoped, that I wouldn't get burnt by the raging fire.
Then I called on Blaise. Materialising out of thin air, Blaise looked at me as I told him to free Jonas and Shane, and then to kill any dark vamps that got in his way. Setting himself on fire, he flew down towards Shane and Jonas.

Climbing down towards Niamh and Sarah, I dropped one of my knives. Cursing, I put the other in my mouth and continued to climb. When I got close enough, I hung myself upside down using my legs, and took the knife out my mouth. Cutting Sarah's ropes, I let her fall to the ground and land nimbly-well not really, on her feet. Then I did the same with Niamh's ropes. Once they were both on the ground, I flipped over and down to them, taking a protective stance in front of my sisters.

OMG GUYS I HAVE 499 READS!

Thank you so much people, I have gone up exactly 100 reads in one day! Thanks so much! It means so much that you guys take the time to read my book. Once again, thanks.

Peace out,

Zella xx