"I'm sure you guys are just overreacting"

Start from the beginning

Both of us remained silent and Leo abruptly lifted his head up, snapping back into reality. Ms Flint's eyes shot over to him.

"Ah Mr DiCaprio, and what is that other state?"

I didn't even know what the original question was, and I wasn't even the one sleeping.
"Umm-u...uh," he stumbled, "Um, New Jersey?"
She looked at him, raising a brow, "New Jersey is correct."
Leo let out a large sigh of relief and she carried on with the lesson.

When the lesson finished, Leo got up from his seat immediately, whilst I was still packing up my stuff. He didn't even say a word to me. It was getting tiring, one day him and I seem to be getting a long just fine and the next he completely disregards my existence.

Him and Rex joined together at the doorway, but before they left Leo quickly spun around and made eye contact with me, before winking and then continuing to walk away. Holy shit, he was hot. A few girls looked back at me, scowling, I looked down and smiled to myself, some girls at my school truly were pathetic.

It was now 5.30pm, Danielle had called me to tell me that we were going to a popular Italian restaurant near the country club.

I chose to wear a navy satin slip dress that I got last year, I walked over to the mirror, pulling my dirty blonde hair back into a low ponytail, debating how to wear it. I decided in the end to leave it down, Mlak and Danielle were picking me up as I had mentioned that I wasn't allowed to drive my car.

I heard her beep her horn, so I grabbed a denim jacket and made my way downstairs.
"Bye Cyrus!" I yelled and he simply let out a small grunt as a reply; he was too enticed in the tv.

Danielle, Mlak and I arrived at the restaurant; Amelie and Jo were already there. It was my first time going out for dinner in a long time, so I was pretty happy to be here.

We sat down at our booth and ordered drinks, also taking some time to scan through the menu.
"Ok, Nina, what the heck is going on between you and Leo?" Amelie asked, breaking the silence and everyone suddenly looked at me intently.

"I don't know really," I shrugged, "he can be so confusing."

"That sounds like Leo," Mlak said, rolling her eyes.

"But you know what doesn't sound like Leo, him defending you yesterday." Danielle mentioned.

"Wait what happened?" Jo questioned, looking over at me from across the table.

"Well, long story short Trevor is an absolute asshole and he said something provocative to me yesterday, obviously Leo overheard and ended up punching him," I briefly summarised.

"Leo punched him?" Amelie exclaimed, I nodded in reply.

"I know right! I mean he's not normally that defensive of someone, especially not a girl," Danielle said.

"Oh come on, I'm sure you guys are just overreacting," I replied, "I mean it's not that big a deal."

They looked amongst each other before Mlak said, "trust us, he's never really been like this with anyone before."

"Have you guys kissed at all?" Amelie asked, everyone turned back to face me.

"Yeah, we did on Saturday," I replied.

"Just a word of warning. Don't expect much. After Leo's mom walked out on him, he hates getting too attached to anyone. Chances are if his feelings start to grow, he'll start to shut you out," Danielle explained, I nodded sheepishly.

I had never asked Leo about his mom, it wasn't really my place. But did Leo really care about me? Our only interaction today was him winking at me and then on other days we were engaging in deep conversation and kissing. He also stopped me from getting assaulted, but that was the moral thing to do.

Our whole situation confused me, I found myself becoming more and more attracted to him each day, wanting to be around him a lot more than I already was. I was certainly knew I was growing feelings for him, as much as I tried not to; though he had been so kind to me recently, I knew he was still trouble.

We ordered our food and discussed a lot over the course of our meal. Mlak gushed over Kendrick and how she wanted to go to university with him. Amelie was trying to get a job in downtown LA to earn some more cash so Jo and her could get a better place. Danielle was having guy troubles with someone who's name she wouldn't mention and Jo wants to try and get into college.

I got along well with these girls, they made me realise how unproblematic people could be. Sadly, my old friends had gradually drifted further away from the people they used to be, throughout the course of high school and I only had just come to realise it.

I listened to what everyone was saying but every now and then my mind would wander off and I'd think of Leo and how much I longed for him to kiss me again. I hadn't even told him it was my birthday, I mean you'd only really say to someone if it slipped up in a conversation like it did with Mlak and Danielle earlier.

Maybe a tiny part of me wishes I'd spent it with him.

Monday morning

I walked through the hallway, making my way to the cafeteria for lunch. I was walking alone as all my friends had different classes to me, most of their 4th periods being on different floors to mine.

I felt someone grab my hand and yank me into a room as I let out a helpless yelp.

IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I WAS IN FLORIDA FOR 10 DAYS.

I will be quicker to update the next and am going to start writing right now!!