Izumi would later describe that moment as one of the defining moments in her lifetime. The time she definitely decided to stop holding herself back. Out of the blue, she jumped forward, shoving Azula to the side and shot a lightning bolt at the remaining guards. She couldn't look, so she closed her eyes, but Azula could clearly see Izumi's lightning strike knock out a full hallway of enemies.

The sound was deafening. Azula's seen bigger blasts, but never in these conditions. Not without the sun or warmth.

"That was good. That was very good." Azula helped her niece stand up. Izumi looked up for just a moment before leaning forward to hug the older woman. Despite all her skill in prediction, Azula wasn't expecting it.

"Let us not let emotions steer us away from our mission." Azula said, but Izumi still wasn't letting go of her. After a very audible sigh, Azula returned the hug. That girl was so talented, yet so much like her father.

"Now we look for the Fire Lord." Azula stated.

"Azula?" they heard a voice from one of the cells.

"Did you miss me, Zuzu?" she immediately recognized her brother's voice.

"What are you... What is this?"

"A rescue mission. If I were you I'd get away from the door." she said and waited a few second for him to move before melting another metal door with her blue fire.

Zuko still wasn't convinced until he saw his sister's face through the raging flames. Everyone had thought her dead for years. And now she was here. As if that that wasn't strange enough, she was actually helping him.

It took the Fire Lord a few moments before he realized his daughter was standing there too. He never gave much thought to how similar Izumi looked to Azula, but now when they were both dressed in prison uniforms, with their hair straight and down, he couldn't deny it.

He stepped out of the cell carefully after which Izumi hugged him without a word.

"I'm so glad you're alright." she whispered to her father.

"I am, too, Izumi. But what's happened? Where is your mother?" he looked around hoping to spot Mai waiting somewhere.

"The Red Lotus captured her. They captured the whole Team." Izumi turned to her aunt, "But Azula found us, kids. She gave us a safe place to stay and helped us come up with a plan to free you."

"Azula," he turned to her now, "I really don't know what to say..."

"You don't have to say anything, dum-dum... You didn't think I was going to let a couple of nobodies tear down hundreds of years of Fire Nation culture?" Azula said.

"Well... The Fire Lord thanks you. Where have you been all this time?"

"Here and there." Azula smirked.

"She has a son now, Dad." Izumi interrupted.

"I'm an uncle?" his face lit up.

"We don't have time for this. We have a full prison to liberate and I suspect many, many more guards to take out." Azula turned to check if anyone was coming for them.

"How about Kiyi? Was she captured, Izumi?" Zuko asked.

"I don't think so. She wasn't at the palace when we were attacked. She was with the troops and I think she stayed there." she explained.

"You remember Kiyi? She's our-" Zuko started.

"I know who she is. I'll admit my faculties were a bit impaired at that time, but I do remember everything I did and everywhere I went. And as you can see, I am at the top of my performance now." Azula stopped talking as she saw a new group of guards running towards them.