Chapter 7: I Know This Is Sudden...

[EDITED]

Disclaimer: I do not, under any circumstances, own Naruto. I only own this fanfic and my OC Claire.

Chapter 7: I Know This Is Sudden...

Kakashi POV

I knew this was sudden... But within the past few weeks, I'd developed unique feelings for Claire. Feelings that I felt only for her, and no one else. Though I doubted she'd ever return these feelings... I'd have to tell her at some point... right?

I sighed and looked out the window. It was another beautiful morning in Konoha, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the children were playing, and I, myself, had something to look forward to. I climbed out of bed and I went to take a hot shower before getting dressed and going to eat a bowl of cereal. Afterwards, I shoved the book that I'd read for the fourth time in my pocket and I headed out the door, locking it behind myself. As I walked by the Hokage's building, I heard the end of a conversation.

"You've done well, Claire. Keep it up." I heard Hokage-sama speak.

"Thank you, lord Hokage. And I will do my best." I heard Claire reply.

"You are dismissed"

"Thank you, sir."

She walked out of the building and her face paled as she noticed me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

She just shook her head and keept walking.

I sighed and followed her.

"What was that about?"

"That's classified." she answered bluntly.

"Well well, someone is secretive."

She glared at me and slapped my arm playfully.

"Oww.." I mumbled sarcastically.

She just rolled her eyes.

"What do you want, Kakashi?" she asked.

"Uh..well, I was kinda hoping to tell you something.." I muttered.

"What might that be?"

"...could we go somewhere more private?"

"Sure..."

[...]

We walked for a few minutes until we reached an isolated area in the forest.

I sighed softly.

"Listen, Claire... Before you say anything, hear me out."

She nodded in reply.

"Well... In these past few weeks, we've gotten to know each other better, and.. well, I know this is sudden but...-"

"You like me, is that it?"

**************************************************

Claire POV

Kakashi's eyes widened in shock.

"H-how did you..?"

"Lucky guess."

"Oh...so what do you think? Will you go out with me..?" he asked nervously.

"..."

He looked at me intently, waiting for a response.

I turned towards him and I leaned in towards his ear, causing him to tense a bit, and I whispered softly.

"Yes."

Hey mina :D I hope you liked the chapter! Sorry it was short ): . Let me know what you think by voting and commenting ;) And as usual, PEACE