FORTY THREE

"WHAT ARE YOU SO bloody cheeky this morning?" Ron yawned at Harry who had a seemingly permanent smile painted on his face.

"Just happy I suppose." Harry shrugged contently, his eyes watching the door, eager for a certain blonde to walk through the door. He was practically jumping out of his seat.

"Why?" Ron raised an eyebrow, "It's just breakfast, I mean I like it too, but that giant ass smile is becoming too much for this early." 

"Eat your eggs Ronald," The boy shrugged him off. The annoying smile that Ron was loathing only grew bigger as Freya Majors walked in the door, but that went completely over Ron Weasleys messy red head.

"Good morning." Freya greeted brightly reaching over Harry's shoulder to grab a pastry, a blush creeping up on both teenagers faces.

"Morning."

"See you around." She took a bite and walked off, Harry's eyes following her the entire way until she was out of view.

"She's great isn't she." Harry sighed, no longer interested in the food on his plate and instead on the blonde who had just exited.

"The pastry?" Ron looked down to what was on the raven haired boys plate with a confused look to see the same old jam pastry they had been eating since first year.

"No," Harry rolled his eyes, "Freya."

"Oh," Ron realized, "oh. Did something happen last night?"

"She asked me out."

The red head was surprised to say the least at Harry's statement. He knew of Harry's feelings for Freya, but didn't know they were reciprocated. Ron wasn't sure if he was a little offended the girl didn't tell him, but he was sure that he was happy for them. He had listened to Harry going on and on about her since the previous summer.

"Wow mate!" Ron smiled, Harry in his own happy daze.

Harry himself had never been more content, his own emotions over the moon. The boy had never been used to getting what he wanted. Growing up it was what does Dudley want? Or how can we make Harry's life as miserable as possible. So the thought of Freya Majors being all his was like being told he could pick any candy in the shop. In all honesty he never wanted to let the girl out of his reach, Harry Potter wanted to spend every second of everyday with the girl who was his.

If it wasn't obvious enough, Harry Potter had never been in a relationship.

Freya however, hadn't either. Her brain was searching mentally on how the whole thing should work. She had never had a boyfriend, nor one that she liked as much as she did Harry. Those were her intruding thoughts as she sat in herbology. She had no interest in what Professor Sprout was saying, and her seat mate was Neville, who was on the contrary. She had no escape other than her mind.

"Actually I was planning on asking you." Hermione's voice could be heard from across the room, making Freya's head turn to see what the situation was behind her.

She had eye contact with Harry who just had a confused expression as his two best friends were going back and forth.

"Really?" Ron seemed flustered, staring down at his book.

"Perhaps." Hermione have a confident shrug, only making the Weasley's face more twisted in confusion.

Harry's emerald eyes ceased being occupied with his friends and rather on the blonde who's blue eyes were flitting between him and the teacher behind her. As she did so she quickly mouthed "What's all that about?" Motioning her head to Hermione and Ron.

"Slughorn." Harry whispered back, earning a gigantic eye roll from Freya, who wasn't exactly the most fond of the teacher. 

The small exchange brought a smile to both students faces, Freya hiding hers by turning back around. Harry's was quite obvious as his eyes traced every blonde curl on the back of her head while class finished up.