Chapter 25 - Am I Ready For Love?

Start from the beginning

I went and sat bed next to her. She shuffled when the bed dipped.

I leaned over her pulling the hair away from her face. "Hey! Shantel! Shantel!" I called tapping her nose.

Her eyes flutter open and the next thing I know her face is buried in my neck and she hugging like her life depends on it.

I hug her back.

She then pulls back and look at me like a lost puppy. "I'm so happy to see you Bryce. It's just as lonely in here as it is out there." She said letting me go and pointing to the window referring to the world.

"Grab your stuff and let's go, we're leaving." I told her.

She jumped off the bed in a flash and ran to the small closet stuffing all her clothes inside her bag. She then went to the bathroom and changed.

"Ok! You don't have to tell me twice. I'm ready!" I smiled at how giddy she was.

I signed her out and we left. We got to my plane and as soon as we were seated she started to question me.

"Where are we going?" She asked me curiously.

"I'm taking you with me." I told her and leaned back in my seat as we prepared for take off.

"OK. So I'm stupid now Bryce? It's clear that I'm going with you!"

"I have some business to go handle." I responded.

"Oh so you're taking me to me to New York? I've never been there before! Does that mean I get to see Tomar?" She asked excitedly.

I sighed feeling bad that I have to kill her hopes. "No not New York."

"Oh!" She said. Then laid back in her seat and went quiet.

Just when I thought she would let it go, she asked "Where" again.

"Germany." I answered.

She never spoke again after that.  She curled up in the seat and went to sleep. After a while she looked uncomfortable.

I picked her up and brought her to the back and laid her in the bed. I pulled up the sheet around her and was about to close the door when I heard her whisper my name.

I turned around and looked at her.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"I need you."

I dragged my hand down my face and stood there rubbing my chin feeling conflicted.