23.

Lying in bed in the night, Jun's mind couldn't be contained. With nothing else to focus on, the boy starting thinking about his roommate. Each passing day only made matters worse for the boy. He wasn't even sure what he was feeling, but what was know was that it was one sided.

Jun was straight. He had always been straight. So whatever was going on was nothing like that. He was straight, he had a girlfriend only a couple of days before. He was just a but lost. Lost in the eyes of the younger boy who had his mind spinning out of control. Lost in his feelings, drowning in emotions.

Lost in love...

But Jun would never admit that.

The boy just continued to lay there. Thinking about Minghao and his adorable smile. Being able to openly hold the boy he wanted to. Fingers intertwined when walking down the streets at night.

Imagination taking over sleep, the older experienced what it would be like to be Minghao's boyfriend.

Hold on.

Boyfriend?

Jun shot up from the bed.

Boyfriend?

Jun wanted to be Minghao's boyfriend. Jun wanted the younger to be his. That was what he was feeling. Jun was suddenly faced with the truth, and he was not sure if he was able to accept it yet. But it was the truth, and that was what the boy did want.

Jun liked boys.

The boy climbed out of bed and walked to the kitchen. Jun didn't even check the time, heading straight for the jug of cold water in the fridge. It was all too much for his mind to handle. Some part of Jun's subconscious had stopped the boy from realising the truth, afraid he would not be able to handle it. Looking back at all his own feelings and behaviour the boy cursed, how did he not realise! It was obvious. Maybe even obvious enough for the younger to see. God was he stupid! Jun had thought to himself.

The thing was, it came as a shock, but really it wasn't that surprising. Another part of the boy also knew all along.

It was a clash of Jun's internal emotions, and in the end true emotions were revealed.

And the boy was okay with that.

But it didn't change the fact that the other couldn't know. At least now he could be more careful.

Feeling already too awake to head back to bed, the boy wandered over to the balcony, first grabbing a blanket off the couch.

The boy didn't know what time it was, but the beautiful specks of light, bringing the night to life gave an indication.

Outside in the wind the boy was able to think about his feelings with a new perspective.

Minghao was just too beautiful to resist. The way the boy looked at the world made the older want to shower him with love.

Minghao looked the most perfect in the mornings, when most people would look their worst, the younger boy, with sleepy eyes, looked his very best. Every inch of his skin calling to be smothered in kisses, Jun held his breath.

The boy had fallen madly in love.

After what felt like a couple more minutes, the boy decided to head back inside.

While making his way back to his own room, Jun passed a certain room slowing his movements.

Coming to a halt, Jun found himself turning back around to find the handle of the door with his hand.

Without thinking the older opened the door and shuffled inside, making sure his movements were quiet.

Inside was a breathtaking sight. Seeing the boy before him lying on his bed, not in his imagination, Jun felt his heart race.

It was a terrible idea, but Jun didn't stop moving. Dropping his own blanket on the ground the older climbed into the bed with the younger, under the same covers.

"What are you doing here Hyung?" Minghao asked, his voice wavering with sleep and his eyes half closed.

"Shhhhh. Sorry Hao I didn't mean to wake you. I just can't sleep." Jun whispered, shifting to make himself comfortable.

"Oh okay then," Minghao responded, laying his head back down, moving closer to the older.

The younger was half asleep, not aware of his actions or the blushing boy beside him. Minghao then swung his arm and leg around the older as he nuzzled his head in the older's chest.

Jun placed his arm around the boy and rested his hand on the boy's head. Careful not to wake the boy, Jun started playing with the younger's hair. Watching how beautiful Minghao was in sleep made Jun decide to take another small step. His hand traveled from the younger's black hair to his cheeks. Caressing the boy's face, Jun let out an unsteady breath.

He couldn't help himself. The older then leaned down to feel the boy's soft skin under his lips. Praying that the younger was already in deep sleep, the older retreated from the younger. His lips looked so perfect, but no. Not yet.

And with that Jun closed his eyes and pulled the boy even closer. His mind not needing to imagine anymore, the beauty visible with only the opening of his eyes.

——————————————————————————————-

edited:

lol wtf i was wilding back on 2018